The second day of the Eurovision 2023 rehearsals in Liverpool has just started. 10 countries will hold their first rehearsals this year on the big stage in Liverpool.
additional 10 countries will hold their first rehearsals today. 5 of them will participate in semi-final 1, and the 5 remaining will participate in semi-final 2.
|Country||Rehearsal Time (CET)||Meet & Greet Time (CET)|
|Israel||11:30 – 12:00|
|Azerbaijan||12:10 – 12:40|
|Czechia||12:50 – 13:20|
|The Netherlands||13:30 – 14:00|
|Finland||15:10 – 15:40|
|Denmark||15:50 – 16:20|
|Armenia||16:30 – 17:00|
|Romania||17:10 – 17:40|
|Belgium||17:50 – 18:20|
You can find the full rehearsal schedule here
🇮🇱 Israel: Noa Kirel – Unicorn
- At the beginning of the performance, Noa is standing on a huge box lit with LEDs.
- The staging concept includes some rotating cameras.
- Regarding the lighting, there is a use of bright lights in a similar way to on-camera flash. The light comes in soft colors like white, light-blue and pink.
- Noa is not alone on stage, she is accompanied by 5 backing dancers (3 males and 2 females). Her dancers wear pink and black outfits.
- One of the impressive parts would probably be the dance break that comes towards the end, after “Do you wanna see me dance?”. During the final dance part, Noa appears in a more minimalistic outfit.
- The upper part of Noa’s outfit is half-transparent, featuring black and white colors with gold decorations. She wears boots.
- We can also expect some pyro, as the rain of fireworks takes control.
- The LED screen show 2 beautiful white-gray unicorns on a black background
At the meantime, you can see Noa in her soundcheck. behind the scenes:
🇦🇿 Azerbaijan: TuralTuranX – Tell Me More
- Tural and Turan will suggest a very simple line in their performance
- They wear elegant suits. one of them with a dark purple one, while the other is a lemonish green-yellow.
- Both of them hold guitars with tons of stickers
- During the performance, they are standing on a heart-shaped platform.
- The main beam lights are mostly blue and yellow. The circular upper light is purple and red
- The floor is full of white smoke in some parts of the performance
🇨🇿 Czechia: Vesna – My Sister’s Crown
- Vensa members wore pink pantsuits.
- The performance also includes some synced dance movements.
- The backdrop LED showcases empowering phrases. We can also see the band members characters on the screen.
- In part of the performance, the LED screen shows a red theme artwork with giant hands.
- The scene itself is quite dark, as the lighting is white, light-blue and red.
- Their appearance includes a kind of long braid which is apparently intended to symbolize the release from the shackles of society.
🇳🇱 Netherlands: Mia and Dion – Burning Daylight
- Mia and Dion will convey an emotional atmosphere through their intimate performance.
- Both of them wear two-parts black suits with silver decorations.
- They are accompanied by backing singers, behind the scenes.
- Vocally, the song is built on the contract behind Dion’s low tone of voice, and Mia’s high tone of voice.
- The scene is quite dark, however the lighting creates captivating visuals.
- Both of them are walking and standing on a rotating black platform.
- The backdrop screens show pink, blue and purple lights.
- Towards the end, the lights create a kind of shiny stars around them with some white smoke.
- They end the performance by leaning one on each other.
🇫🇮 Finland: Käärijä – Cha Cha Cha
- Käärijä wore the well-known green bolero that is recognized with his character. He wore shiny black pants and black shoes.
- He is accompanied by 4 dancers (2 males and 2 females) in pink outfits. They wear a kind of special wig and fake teeth.
- He starts the performances while being inside the wooden box. We can also see some tiny surfaces on the stage.
- Käärijä climbs on the top of the box, where he gives us some dance moves, before going down.
- The famous train dance (that we’ve seen in “UMK 2023”) is part of the package as well.
- There’s a use in the circular lighting of the ceiling.
- The backdrop shows a giant shadow of him as he dances.
- The performance ends with impressive festive fireworks.
🇩🇰 Denmark: Reiley – Breaking My Heart
- Reiley wore a shiny long sleeve gold/brown shirt and light pink pants.
- His performance relies on transitioning between different rooms/locations
- Reiley moves through the doorways, while there is a diverse use of the floor LED screen.
- The different rooms come in the colors of purple, pink turquoise, light green, and red.
- The backdrop screens clouds, emojis and some geometric shapes.
🇦🇲 Armenia – Brunette – Future Lover
- Brunette wore a white dress designed by a local designer, with delicate gray paintings. The dress features black thread interwoven.
- She started the performance while lying on a 3D beveled white wedge, that it is lit in different colors along the performance. This prop is located at the edge of the stage.
- Lights change from circular beam lights to richer ones.
- The Armenian delegation uses LED screens to create purple, pink and red swirls that probably showcase the loud inside love she dreams about, or maybe a volcano that is going to explode in a second?
- The frequency and the volume of the lights change according to the rhythm of the song
🇷🇴 Romania: Theodor Andrei – D.G.T (Off And On)
- Romanian delegation has decided to make changes in both the production of the song, and the the staging (compared to the one in the national selection).
- Theodor wore a bright yellow shorts suit with an elegant long yellow jacket, he wore yellow socks and black elegant shows.
- Thedor stands in the back part of the stage, while in the backdrop we can see 2 dancers inside a huge white outfit.
- LED screens show dramatic views of rocks, waterfalls of fire and lava. In other parts they show dark blue themed circles.
- Towards the end, the performance features an additional dancer to increase the drama.
- The first half of the song is more acoustic and mainly based on acoustic guitar playing (Theodor plays it himself)
- The second half gives us the up-tempo rock vibe that we’ve received from Theodor in the past.
🇧🇪 Belgium: Gustaph – Because Of You
- Gustaph wore an elegant white suit with a hat that completed the look. Beneath, he wore a pink outfit (shirt and corresponding pants).
- Gustaph was accompanied by 3 female backing vocalists, all of whom wore black outfits.
- Backdrop LED shows dancing drag queens
- The main prop on stage is a medion black staircase. In the beginning, Gustaph is standing on the top of is, thereafter the backing singers are located on the staircase.
- Ballroom dancer PussCee West will also accompany him on stage, while dancing and doing some gymnastic movements.
🇨🇾 Cyprus: Andrew Lambrou – Break A Broken Heart
- Andrew wears a black bolero, and he is almost bare chest.
- The LED backdrop shows different figures, from waterfalls to flames.
- At a certain point, the floor will be full of smoke.
- Another interesting effect will be the 4 banks of flames.
You’re welcome to visit us during the next rehearsal days, where we will keep you updated with everything that happens.
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Our Eurovision 2023 homepage