In May 2023, it was revealed that Luxembourg had the intention to compete at Eurovision, after a long break of 30 years.
Earlier today (3rd of July 2024), national broadcaster RTL Luxembourg launched a registration for the selection process.
Grand Duchy of Luxembourg’s national preselection
- The televised national selection will be held on Saturday, the 27th of January 2024.
- Applications should be made via the Eurovision Luxembourg website
- There are 3 categories where applications can be sent:
- Category 1 – Singers with song to submit
- Category 2 – Singers without a song to submit
- Category 3 – Songwriters looking to collaborate with local talented singers
- Applicants might even submit their candidacy even in more than 1 category
- Performers must be at least 16 years old on the day of the national final.
- Applicants must also hold Luxembourgish nationality or have lived in the country for 3 consecutive years or have a proven connection to the local culture.
- There are no restrictions regarding the language of the songs.
- Performers can submit no more than 3 different songs (whoever the song writers are).
- Performers from Category 2, must upload a video of them performing any other song with a brief introduction.
- The deadline for Category 2 is Sunday, 16th of July, or the 1st of October 2023 for the rest of categorries.
- The professional committee will listen to the submitees songs and select some of them to participate in the televeided show
Who would you like to see representing Luxembourg at Eurovision 2024?