Based on the Italian media, we learn that Italian broadcaster Rai has determined the timeline for the 74th edition of Italian music festival – “Festival Di Sanremo 2024”:
As in recent years, the festival will last for 5 long nights.
This year, the first night will be held on the 6th of February 2024, while the final night will take place on Saturday, the 10th of February 2024.
A list of 23 established artists will be shortlisted to participate in the festival.
However, they will be joined by an additional 3 young talents.
For this aim, Rai will once again run the pre-competition for newcomers – “Sanremo Giovanni 2023”: 12 young artist will be selected to participate in the grand final of “Sanremo Giovanni 2023”, which will be held on the 20th of December 2023.
Amadeus will host the festival and will be the art director.
However, this will the last year for him to operate in this position.
The exact format of each one of the nights will be revealed at a later due.
However, here are some of the revealed details:
- On the first night, all 26 artists will perform their songs.
- On the second night, half of the contestans (13 of them) will perform their songs. The other half will co-host alongside Amadeus
- On the third night, the second half of the contestans (13 of them) will perform their songs. The first half will co-host alongside Amadeus.
- The 4th night will probably be dedicated to covers and collaborations with other Italian artists.
- On the 5th night, all the artists will perform again.
You may see some familiar names participating in the festival, so stay tuned!
Marco Mengoni represented Italy at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Due Vite“.
He ended up in 4th place in the grand final, with a total of 350 points.