Azeri broadcaster iTV confirmed the country will participate in Eurovision 2024.
Since 2015, Azerbaijan has chosen the song and the artist for Eurovision via internal selection.
For most of the time, the national broadcaster approached artists directly.
However, since last year and due to the replacement of the Head of The Delegation, it has been decided to organize the selection as an open call.
This means that any artist that meets the conditions may submit a song.
The mechanism for the Eurovision 2024 selection process hasn’t been revealed, but it will most likely remain the same.
The national broadcaster has opened the submission window with the following regulations:
- Submissions will be sent online to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The submission window opened today (14th of July 2023) and will close on the 30th of September 2023
- Songs must be in MP3 192 kbps format and arranged
- Each submission must include a photo, a short biography, and information about the lyricists and composers
- The maximum duration is 3 minutes.
- Songs won’t be publicly released before September 1st.
- The broadcaster might make changes to the submitted songs if they are shortlisted
With this, Azerbaijan joins the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Israel, Moldova, Estonia, Austria, Cyprus, Denmark, Spain, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Malta, Serbia and Switzerland.
TuralTuranX represented Azerbaijan at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Tell Me More”.
Unfortunately, they didn’t qualify for the final, ending up 14th in semi-final 1.
Who would you like to see representing Azerbaijan at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-final will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024