Dmytro Shurov (Pianoboy) will be the musical director of the national selection, for the 2nd year in a row.
This year, I will not be the only one to choose the finalists of the National Selection. A vote will be held among the participants of the longlist who didn’t make to the list of finalists, which was my biggest pain last year. The audience will choose their favorite, who will get a chance to compete for the victory in the final
“Vidbir 2024” – Known Details
- “Vidbir 2024” will be held in February 2024.
- The results will be determined by a combination of a 50% public vote and a 50% national jury vote.
- Submissions will be made online via Eurovision.ua.
- The submission window opened today (30th of August 2022) and will close on the 22nd of October 2023.
- Each artist can submit an unlimited number of songs.
- The national broadcaster will narrow down the list of participant to a longlist of artists, consisting of 20 artists.
- The 20 shortlisted artists will be invited to perform in a live audition.
- Up to 10 artists will be shortlisted to compete in the televised show. The list of 10 artists will be releaed on the 20th of November 2023.
- The public will have the opportunity to grand a wild-card to an additional artists (among of the 20 longlist artists). This will be made via an online voting. The results of the wildcard round will be published on the 29th of December 2023.
- As in previous year, the public will choose the members of the national jury.
Currently, Ukraine is considered one of the most successful countries in the contest, as they qualified for the final in each single year.
Last year, Ukraine held its national selection at the metro underground, due to the ongoing war.
The list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024 so far: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Israel, Moldova, Estonia, Austria, Cyprus, Denmark, Spain, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Malta, Serbia, Switzerland, San Marino, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Portugal and the UK.
TVORCHI represented Ukraine at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Heart of Steel”.
She ended up in 6th place in the final, with a total of 243 points
Who would you like to see representing Ukraine at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-final will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024