Iceland’s Söngvakeppnin 2019 10 entries have been revealed
between this year 10 artists, 2 already represented the country in the past. Friðrik Ómar was part of the due Eurobandið together with Regína Ósk. their entry “this is my life came 8th in Belgrade 2008. the second returning artist is Hera Björk represented the country in 2010 with the loveable “Je ne sais quoi” ranked 19th in the final. Björk also came 2nd singing ” someday” the Melodi Grand Prix of the neighbor country Denmark.
Another familiar name found in the composers. The greek lyricist Nikos Sofis that is behind Ívar Daníels entry is also responsible for 2 more entries in the national finals of 2019 season across Europe, Vera Țurcanu‘s “Cold” in Moldova and “Stop Breathing” by Angelika Pushnova in Belarus
Söngvakeppnin will have 2 semi-finals before the grand final on March 2nd. 5 songs will compete in each semi, and the top2 that will win the combination of the public and jury experts will qualify for the grand final.
the show dates are:
- February 8th – A warm-up show for Semi-Final 1 (19.40 on RÚV 1)
- February 9th – Söngvakeppnin 2019 – Semi-Final 1 (19.45 on RÚV 1)
- February 15th – A warm-up show for Semi-Final 2 (19.40 on RÚV 1)
- February 16th – Söngvakeppnin 2019 – Semi-Final 2 (19.45 on RÚV 1)
- March 2nd – Söngvakeppnin 2019 – Final (19.45 on RÚV 1)A
All the shows will be aired live on RÚV website
Join ESCBEAT on Social media and #ShareYourThoughts