After a long journey with 4 Heat rounds and 2 semifinals, Lithuania finally decided that the winner of 2019 Eurovizijos Atranka is Jurijus Veklenko. Jurijus will fly to Tel-Aviv and sing “Run With The Lions” on the Eurovision stage.
The song was selected 50/50 by televote and jury made up of music expert Ramūnas Zilnys, composer Vytautas Bikus, and music producer Jonas Nainys.
Jurijus won the Max 12 points from both jury and the public and this here is tonight’s final scoreboard:
- Henry & Tommy Modric – Neverpart – 6th place (10 points)
- Junà – Strength Of A Woman – 8th place (6 points)
- Monika Marija – Light On – 2nd place (20 points)
- Jurgis Brūzga – CTRL ALT DELETE – 7th place (8 points)
- Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio Dantys – Mažulė – 3rd place (16 points)
- Jurgis DID & Erica Jennings – SING! – 4th place (14 points)
- Jurijus Veklenko – Run With The Lions – 1st place (24 points)
- Alen Chicoo – Your Cure – 5th place (12 points)
As previously reported the song is under EBU and LRT investigation as a demo version of the song by Yuri Veklenko was available online for potential singers since March 2018. Jurijus was allowed to participate in the final and a final decision about his potential disqualification from the contest in Tel-Aviv will be announced as the investigation will be completed.
Lithuania will participate in the second half of semi-final 2 on May 16th. Last Year representative Ieva Zasimauskaitė ranked 12th in the final singing “When We’re Old”
Share with us your thoughts on ESCBEAT social media
Follow Escbeat on Facebook , Twitter, Instagram, Spotify & AppleMusic to enjoy all the latest tunes from our ESC artists