The Swedish broadcast SVT has confirmed today the national final “Melodifestivalen 2020” dates and host cities.
Similar to previous years, the show will have 28 songs competing in 4 semi-final rounds. the top 4 out of 7 entries presented in each week will go 2 direct to the grand final (places 1-2) and 2 for the second chance round.
The 6 live shows will take place at:
• February 1 – semi Final 1 – Linköping, SAAB Arena
• February 8 – semi Final 2 – Göteborg, Scandinavium
• February 15 – semi Final 3 – Luleå, COOP Norrbotten Arena
• February 22 – semi Final 4 – Malmö, Malmö Arena
• February 29 – Andra chansen – Eskilstuna, Stiga Sports Arena
• March 7 – Final – Stockholm, Friends Arena
A week ago, the first candidate that won a ticket to Melodifestivalen is Amanda Aasa that was selected by a special jury during Sverigesradio P4 Nästa 2019 final. Amanda beat 7 other contestants with the song “Gå hem” but she will need to prepare a new number for Melfest because of “Gå hem” released before September 1st.
SVT promises a spectacular show 2020 as this will be the 60th year of Sweden in the contest debut in 1958 with “Lilla stjärna” by “Alice Babs”. Last year in Israel, John Lundvik “Too Late for Love” finished in the 5th place scoring a total of (334 points).
The Swedish broadcast also opened the submission of songs for the contest and in case you have a Schlager ready, feel free to send it in the link below.
— Melodifestivalen (@SVTmelfest) August 27, 2019
#ShareYourThoughts and join #escbeat Facebook community.