Poland held today the grand final of “Szansa Na Sukces” in order to select its entry for Eurovision 2020.
At the end of 3 rounds and 21 artists that have started the competition, the final three will sing each its possible Eurovision entry. The show began with the finalist perform a cover for past Eurovision entries:
- Kasia Dereń – Satellite (Germany 2010)
- Alicja Szemplińska – Euphoria (Sweden 2012)
- Albert Černý – Fairytale (Norway 2009)
Then, each finalist took the stage and perform the original song he wants to sing in Rotterdam in case of winning:
Albert Černý – Lucy
Alicja Szemplińska – Empires
Kasia Dereń – Count on Me
Right after all the entries have been presented came the time to open the votes. the show’s winner was determined by a combination of a televoting and jury voting consist of:
- Gromee – Polish representative at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018
- Michał Szpak – Polish representative at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016
- Cleo – Polish representative at the Eurovision Song Contest 2014
When the lines were closed, it was announced that both, the juries and the public have decided that Alicja Szemplińska will go sing “Empires” at Eurovision 2020. Alicja Szemplińska is the winner of the tenth season of the voice of Poland.
At the Eurovision, Poland was allocated to perform in the first half of Semi-final 2, to be held on 14 May 2020.
Check out the show’s playlist page here:
Follow Escbeat on Facebook , Twitter, Instagram, Spotify, Youtube, & AppleMusic to enjoy all the latest tunes from our ESC artists