The Maltese national final for Junior Eurovision 2020 was held on the 19th of September 2020.
12 lucky children participated in the national final.
Earlier today, the results were announced:Chanel Monseigneur will sing “Chasing Sunsets” for Malta at Junior Eurovision 2020.
The results were determined by 50% jury voting and 50% public voting.
The full list of acts are:
- Anneka Xerri – Moving
- Chanel Monseigneur – Chasing Sunsets
- Emma Cutajar – Modern-Day Cinderella
- Isaac Tom – Beside Me
- Kaya Gouder Curmi – Made of Stars
- Leah Cauchi – Anġli (Angels)
- Leah Mifsud – Anywhere
- Mariah Cefai – Change the Silence
- Michela Caruana – Replay
- Mychael Bartolo Chircop – The Child from Inside
- Yulan Law and Gianluca Cilia – Deck of Cards. Gianluca represented Malta before, in 2017, where he finished 9th with Dawra Tond.
- Zaira Mifsud and Eksenia Sammut – Only Live Once
You can find the full playlist here:
Chanel is 9 years old. She participated in several music competitions and was awarded 1st place in some of them.
The 18th edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest will stay in Poland as of last winner’s winner Viki Gabor. there 13 countries will #MoveTheWorld on the night of November 29th where a new star will be born. this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic and in order to keep the artists and delegations safe, the acts will be pre-recorded on a local studio in each country together with an online voting making its comeback!
Catch up with all the updates about the contest in our special homepage HERE