The tiny country of San Marino changes direction towards Eurovision 2022.
So far, the country has qualified for the final on 3 occasions, tho of them if the 2 last years.
This year, San Marino will hold a national selection named “Una voce per San Marino“.
The new national selection will have 2 different paths. One for new artists and one for established artists.
New Artists Path
- New artists can submit their participation from the 26th of September 2021 until the 8th of January 2022
- a special committee will choose several applicants to qualify for the semi-finals.
- In the months of January – February, the San Marinian broadcaster will host the semi-finals of the “New Artists” category.
- Top 9 new artists in the “New Artists” category will get a spot in the grand final of the national selection.
- There’s no language on nationality restrictions regarding this category.
- Candidates will have to go through 2 days music camp and private auditions.
- The grand final of the “Newcomers” category will be held on the 16th of February 2022.
- Registration Fee – 30$ for those who will apply until the 30th of November 2021, 50$ for those who will register later.
- Submissions will be available here
Established Artists Path
- The San Marinian broadcaster will invite 9 established artists to take part in the selection
- At the moment, it seems like there’s no country restriction regarding the established artists category
- The 9 finalists of the established category will be revealed on the 10th of February 2022
One artist that might get a proposal to participate as an established one is Valentina (who has already represented the country in 2012 – 2014 and 2017):
“Una voce per San Marino” – The Grand Final
- The San Marinian Television will hold a grand final show of the selection on Saturday, the 19th of February 2022.
- The grand final will take place at Teatro Titano
- 18 artists will take part in the final: 9 established artists alongside 9 new artists.
- Artists will perform their intended songs for Eurovision 2022
- Jury panel of 8 members will rank the performances and determine who will represent San Marino at Eurovision 2022!
The last time San Marino held a national selection was in 2018 with the “1 in 360” competition
Italian singer Senhit and American rapper Flo Rida represented the country at Eurovision 2021. Despite being a fan favorite, they ended up 22nd in the grand final.
They performed the song “ Adrenalina“:
We currently have 33 countries that have been confirmed for Eurovision 2022 and these are:
Italy (Host City):