Earlier today, Finnish broadcaster YLE uploaded 8 images to its official Instagram account “UMK22” – The Finnish selection for Eurovision 2022.
YLE will reveal the identity of the candidates in January 2022, while the show itself is planned to be broadcast at the end of February 2022.
The Given Hints
Currently, there are 8 photos:
- The series of photos, starts with a Siberian Husky dog named Max. May it be the dog of one of the candidates?
2.. The second photo presents 2 huge rocks, with blurry blue-gray light from spotlights.
3. 3rd photo shows a man standing on a blue floor. He is wearing black pants and black shoes
4. 4th photo shows a performer (probably a man) wearing a black elegant jacket with shiny crystals on it
5. 5th photo shows an old – fashioned shite car. It seems that it is a big car (van / jeep or anywhing similar)
6. The 6th photo presents a brown wooden piano with sculpted head above the piano.
7. 7th photo presents a white electric guitar in the shape of a “V”. The person who holds it has a white outfit on purple background.
8. The last photo looks like part of production in the studio. It presents 6 combinations of letters and numbers.
As you may notice, the hints are quite hard to guess.
Here are some of our suggestions to “translate” the hints:
- First of all, the last photo can tell us that a band with 6 members will participate in the selection, or that there are 6 artists (including bands) that will take part in the selection. Therefore, if we exclude the dog’s photo, we can guess that there are 6-7 participants in “UMK 2022“.
- The style of clothes in the 4th photo may be related to Antti Tuisku (who hosted last year’s selection). He has released several new songs recently (some of them with Erika Vikaman).
- The old car might be a hint for one of the veteran singers in Finland.
- The 6th photo might be a hint to a female singer who also plays the piano.
- As for the 2 rocks in the 2nd image, we have 2 options: The first is a reminder of Aksel’s staging in “UMK 2021” which suggests he will try his luck for the 3rd year in a row. The second option might be that the rocks are symbols of hard rock music (maybe 2 rocks for 2 singers).
While thinking about all the hints, as well as spending a few hours on Google searches, the following names might be some of “UMK 2022” participants (again with no knowledge of the actual participants):