In a special press conference today, the Spanish broadcaster RTVE revealed more details regarding the upcoming national selection for Eurovision 2022.
Here are the new details:
- RTVE has received a total of 886 songs for “Benidorm Fest 2022″ in a range of 43 days.
- 692 songs arrived from the public path (web submissions) and 194 songs arrived by direct invitation.
- Among the songs we can find songs in the following languages: Spanish, English, Italian, Catalan, Galician, and Basque.
- Plenty of genres can be found: mainstream pop, ballads, flamenco, rock, metal to folklore, Latin sounds, urban, trap or rap.
- We can count international producers, new artists, writers of worldwide hits, and Indie music musicians and even Eurovision comebacks!
- J Cruz, Tony Sánchez-Ohlsson and Zahara are RTVE’s musical advisers for Eurovision 2022. They will judge the submissions and decide who will qualify for the festival itself.
- J Cruz has worked with Omar Montes, Ana Mena, RVFV, Lérica and Robledo.
- Zahara was one of the mentors in “Operación Triunfo 2020” and is considered a pioneer in Indie rock.
- Sánchez-Ohlsson is co-author of Spain’s songs at Eurovision 2015 and Eurovision 2012.
- The festival will include 2 semi-finals and a grand final.
- 12 artists will take part in the semi-final. Each semi-final will feature 6 artists, but only 3 of them will qualify for the final.
- The results will be determined by 50% public vote and 50% jury voting.
- The public vote which will be split by 50% expert fans panel and 50% televoting
- The jury vote will be composed by 60% national jury and 40% intenational jury.
- In case of any tie, the artist with higher amount of points from the public, will get the advantage.
- RTVE can increase the number of competing acts in semi-finals.
- The semi-finals will probably take place at the end of January 2022.
“We are looking for songs that stir you inside and that you are humming all the time”
says Eva Mora, head of the Spanish delegation.
María Eizaguirre , Director of Communication and Participation of RTVE, has presented the event and saod:
“Benidorm will be the capital of music that week since, in addition to the three galas, more events related to Eurovision will be organized.”
The full press conference is available on RTVE‘s YouTube channel:
RTVE will reveal the identity of 12 competing artist by the end of December 2021.
Who will participate in “Benidorm Fest 2022”?
Which type of song would you like to get from Spain?