As we continue our weekly series Around The Continent, we will discuss the news and tell the story of each country’s preparation for Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
20 competing songs in “Festivali i Këngës 60” have been released:
- Alban Ramosaj – “Theje” (Break it)
- Denis Skura – “Pse nuk flet, mama?” (Mother, Why Don’t you Speak?)
- Eldis Arrnjeti – “Refuzoj” (I Refuse)
- Evi Reci – “Me duaj” (Love me)
- Endri & Stefi – “Triumfi i jetës” (The triumph of life.
- Ester Zahiri – “Hijena” (Hyena)
- Gjergj Kaçinari – “Në ëndërr mbete ti” (You Remain in Dreams)
- Janex – “Deluzional” (Delusional)
- Kastro Zizo – “Kujë” (Where are you?)
- Kelly – “Meteor”
- Kejsi Rustja – “Vallëzoj me ty” (I dance with you)
- Mirud – “Për dreq”
- Olimpia Smajlaj – “Dua” (I want)
- Rezarta Smaja – “E jemja nuse” (I am a bride)
- Ronela Hajati – “Sekret” (Secret)
- Sajmir Çili – “Nën maskë” (Under the mask)
- Shega – “Një” (One)
- Urban Band – “Padrejtësi” (Injustice)
- Viola Zhemali – “Eja si erë” (Come as the wind)
- Xhuliana Pjetra – “Baladë” (Ballad)
You can find the full playlist here
You’re welcome to read our review of the songs
The format of the festival will be as follows:
This year, all participants will perform on each one of the 3 nights.
The format will be:
Night 1 (27th of December) – Contestants Night
Night 2 (28th of December) – Nostaligia Night
Night 3 (29th of December) – Eurovision Night
The list of hosts has been extended from 2 to 5: Isli Islami, Xhemi Shehu, Jonida Maliqi, Ardit Gjebrea, and Kelvi Kadilli
According to Armenian broadcaster AMPTV, the country will internally select an artist and a song for Eurovision 2022
You can listen to the Bulgarian song for Eurovision 2022 – “Intention” by Intelligent Music Project
Czech TV has revealed the 7 artists and songs in national selection for Eurovision 2022 – “ESCZ 2022”:
And these are:
1.We Are Domi-Lights Off
2.Giudi – Jezinky
3.Annabelle – Runnin’ Out of F* Time
4.Eliz Mraz – Imma Be
5.The Valentines – Stay or Go
6.Jordan Haj & Emma Smetana – By Now
7.Skywalker – Way Down
The playlist can be found on different digital platforms:
Very soon, we will publish our review of the songs!
Fyr Og Flamme who represented Denmark at Eurovision 2021, will perform in “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2022” as an interval act / opening act
Last Saturday, ERR held the 3rd quarter-final of “Eestil Laul 2022“.
10 artists took part in the show. The 5 qualifiers are:
Stefan– “Hope” (public vote qualifier)
Elina Nechayeva – “Remedy” (public vote qualifier)
Anna Sahlene – “Champion” (public vote qualifier)
Alabama Watchdog – “Move On” (jury qualifier)
Merilin Mälk – “Little Girl” (jury qualifier)
Tonight, the 11th of December 2021, 10 artists will compete in the 4th quarter-final in “Eesti Laul 2022″:
- Ariadne – “Shouldn’t Be Friends”
- Black Velvet – “Sandra”
- Dramanda – “Come in with me”
- Eleryn Tiit – “Language of Feelings”
- ELYSA – “Fire”
- EMILI J. – “Quicksilver
- Jessica – “My Mom”
- Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany – “What To Make Of This”
- Ott Lepland – “In the Light”
- Púr Múdd & Shira – “Golden Shores”
5 artists will qualify for the semi-finals: 3 will be selected by public vote and 2 will be selected by a jury panel.
In the list we can find some familiar names:
- Ariadne – participated in the Estonian selection in 2017.
- EMILI J. – participated in the Estonian selection in 2019
- ELYSA – participated in the Estonian selection in 2015
- Ott Lepland – represented Estonia in 2012
- Púr Múdd & Shira – Shiraparticipated in the Estonian selection in 2020 and 2022, while Púr Múdd perfroemd as an internal act in “Eesti Laul 2020“
The hosts of the 4th quarter-final will be: Jüri Pootsmann (Eurovision 2016) and Getter Jaani (Eurovision 2011):
The official Instagram account “UMK” has revealed some more hints about “UMK 2022“:
The 7 particiapnts will be revealed on Wednesday, the 12th of January 2022
All the participants together have 2,029,333 Spotify streams:
Their names start with the letters: H, K, K, H, P, T, K (for bands, the first letter of the band name was taken):
On the 18th of October 2021, we’ve reported that 130 songs have been submitted for the selection process this year.
Israeli songwriters, composers, and producers were able to submit a song via 2 different paths:
- Songs that are intended for a specific contender
- Songs that are not intended for a specific contender, and will be matched to a singer by the broadcaster
Israeli Selection Process For Eurovision 2022
- 8 songs out of 130 have been shortlisted for the final selection.
- A professional committee composed of 6 members has listened to the submitted entries over the last weeks.
- The committee picked 8 songs: 2 songs for each one of the 4 finalists of “X-Factor Israel“.
- The songs will be presented in a special show that will be broadcast between the end of January 2022 and the beginning of February 2022.
- The public and a professional jury will vote for one song for each finalist.
- In February 2022, “Reshet 13” will broadcast the grand-final of “X-Factor Israel“, where each one of the 4 finalists will perform an original song.
X Factor Israel – Weekly Status
This week, Reshet 13 broadcasted 3 additional audition episodes of “X-Factor Israel“.
The following participants qualfied for the next round:
Daniel Mamyev (4 yeses)
Toosha / Netta Alkaskasi (4 yeses)
Michael Rose (4 yeses)
Leah Masihid (4 yeses)
Inbar Yochananof (4 yeses)
Bisan Abu Laban (5 yeses)
Ben Tzur (4 yeses)
Loren Dervis (4 yeses)
Tomer Maya (5 yeses)
Dafna Reuveni (4 yeses)
On Sunday (the 12th of December 2021), the last auditions episode will be broadcast.
On Tursday, the next round will start, where the jury will eliminate around half of the candidates.
24 artists will take part in “Festival Di Sanremo 2022″: 22 established artists and 2 new-comers.
The final stage of “Sanremo Giovani 2021” will be held on Wednesday (15th of December 2021).
The top 2 finalists will have the right to participate in “Festival Di Sanremo 2022″.
The 22 established artists who will particiapte in “Festival Di Sanremo 2022″ are:
- Elisa (Winner of Sanremo 2001)
- Dargen D’Amico
- Ditonellapiaga & Donatella Rettore
- Noemi (Participated in Sanremo 2012, 2018 and 2021)
- Highsnob & Hu
- Le Vibrazioni (Participated in Sanremo 2020)
- Massimo Ranieri (Participated at Sanremo 1971 & 1973)
- La Rappresentatnte di Lista (Participated in Sanremo 2021)
- Ana Mena
- Emma (Represented Italy at Eurovision 2014)
- Achille Lauro (Participated in Sanremo 2020)
- Michele Bravi (Participated in Sanremo 2017)
- Iva Zanicchi (Participated in Sanremo 1969)
- Fabrizio Moro (Represented Italy at Eurovision 2018)
- Mahmood with Blanco (Mahmood represented Italy at Eurovision 2019)
- Giusy Ferreri
- Irama (Participated in Sanremo 2021)
- Giovanni Truppi (Participated in Sanremo 1970)
The festival will be held between 1st – 5th of February 2022
Last Wednesday, Latvian broadcaster LTV revealed that they received 130 songs for “Supernova 2022″. This is a record number for Latvia.
The submitted songs came from a variety of genres this year: electronic music, pop, folk, rock, and more.
There are former Eurovision representatives among the potential artists.
36 artists will take part in the national selection for Eurovision 2022 – “Pabandom iš Naujo! 2022”:
- Aldegunda – Holiday (participated in the national selection in 2019 and 2021)
- Artūras Aleksiejus – Out of Mind
- Augustė Vedrickaitė – Before you’re 6 ft under (participated in the national selection in 2017)
- Basas Pegasas – Ponai
- Clockwork Creep – Grow
- Cosmic Bride – The Devil Lives in Spain (participated in the national selection in 2021)
- Elonas Pokanevič – Someday
- Emilija Katauskaitė – Illuminate
- Emilija Valiukevičiūtė – Overload (participated in the national selection in 2018 and 2019)
- Erica Jennings – Back to myself (participated in Eurovision 2001, and in the national selection in the years 2016 and 2019)
- Gabrielė Goštautaitė – Over
- Gebrasy – Into Your Arms (participated in the national selection in 2019 and 2021)
- GABREA – Make it real (participated in the national selection in 2017)
- Geleibra – Aš jaučiu tave (participated in the national selection in 2021)
- Gintarė Korsakaitė – Fantasy Eyes
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė – I’ll be there (participated in Eurovision 2018)
- Joseph June – Deadly
- Justė Kraujelytė – How To Get My Life Back
- „Justin 3“ feat. nanaart – Something that is natural
- Lolita Zero – Not Your Mother (participated in the national selection in 2017)
- Mary Mo – Get Up
- Mėnulio fazė – Give me a sign
- Monika Linkytė – See you again (participated in Eurovision 2015)
- Monika Liu – Sentimentai
- Moosu X – Love That Hurts
- Queens of Roses – Washing machine (participated in the national selection in 2017 and 2019)
- Rūta Loop – Call Me From the Cold (participated in the national selection in 2020)
- Sun Francisco – Dream Again
- Titas ir Benas – Getting Through This (participated in the national selection in 2021)
- Urtė Šilagalytė – Running Chords (participated in the national selection in 2010)
- Vasha – Git
- Voldemars Petersons – UP (participated in the national selection in 2019 and 2021)
- Viktorija Faith – Walk Through The Water
- Viktorija Kajokaitė – Piece of the universe
- Vilija Matačiūnaitė – Šimtas vienas (participated in Eurovision 2014 and in the national selection in 2021)
- Živilė Gedvilaitė – Lioness (participated in the national selection in (participated in the national selection in 2018 and 2019)
The vast majority of them have participated in the national selection in previous years.
One of the songs has already been released:
Emilija Valiukevičiūtė – Overload
“Pabandom iš Naujo! 2022” – Format
- 36 artists will compete on their right to represent Lithuania at Eurovision 2022
- Pabandom iš Naujo! 2022 will include 6 shows: 3 heat rounds, 2 semi-finals and one final.
- 12 artists will compete in each heat. The results will be determined by 50% national jury and 50% public vote. In each heat, 6 artists will advance for the semi-finals.
- Therefore, 18 artists will qualify for the semi-finals.
- 9 artists will compete in each semi-final. The results will be determined by 50% national jury and 50% public vote. In each semi-final., 4 artists will advance to the final.
- 8 artists will compete in the final. The winner will be determined by will be determined by 50% national jury and 50% public vote.
- This year, LRT will provide 54,000 Euros to the participants. It will be a budget for staging and production of the suggested songs.
Full Dates Are:
- Heat 1 – Saturday, the 8th of January 2022
- Heat 2 – Saturday, the 15th of January 2022
- Heat 3 – Saturday, the 22nd of January 2022
- Semi-Final 1 – Saturday, the 29th of January 2022
- Semi-Final 2 – Saturday, the 5th of February 2022
- Final – Saturday, the 12th of February 2022
The submission period for Montenegro‘s internal selection closed yesterday: Friday the 10th of December 2021.
A jury panel will rank the songs in the following method:
Song: 50 points available
Lyrics: 30 points available
Productional potential of the piece: 20 points available
Dutch broadcaster Avrotros has announced a representative for Eurovision 2022: the singer S10 (real name: Stien den Hollander).
She was internally selected by Avrotros. She will sing a song in the Dutch language (for the first time at Eurovision since 2010)
North Macedonia will select a song and an artist via a national selection:
Full Details – North Macedonia at Eurovision 2022
- Submission window opened on the 10th of December 2021 and will close on the 16th of January 2022.
- Performers must have North Macedonian citizenship
- Foreign composers / songwriters are allowed to submit a song, as long as they are part of a group consisting of North Macedonian citizens as well.
- The submitted songs last no longer than 3 minutes.
- An expert jury will review the songs and select up to 6 songs.
- The selected songs will be revealed to the public.
- The winning song will be chosen via a national selection whose results will be determined by 50% public vote and 50% internatioal jury.
- MRT will grant 2,000 euros to the winning artist and his/her/ their team to produce and re-master the song
Romanian broadcaster TVR revealed the 5 jury members for Selecția Națională 2022:
- Alexandra Ungureanu (Selecția Națională 2003 3rd Place)
- Ozana Barabancea (Romanian opera singer)
- Randi (Composer and Lyrcist, composed songs such as Delia,Lordana,JO,Corina and many more)
- Cristian Faur (Composer of multiple Eurovision classics like Selecția Națională 2006 3rd place, Romanian entries at 2006 and 2013).
- Adrian Romcescuis (Composer of Romanian entry at Eurovision 1998)
According to SMRTV, the competing candidates in 2 paths of “Una Voce Per San Marino 2022“, come from the following countries:
Duel 5-8 in “EMA Freš 2022” have been held this week and here are the results:
JAKA HLIŠ defeated Ain’t Harmony
4 duel winners will compete for 3 spots in the next round: televised semi-finals.
Next week, 8 new artists will compete in 4 duels. 3 of them will qualify directly for the semi-finals.
RTVE revealed the 14 artists who will take part in “Benidorm Fest 2022“:
- Azúcar Moreno – “Postureo”
- Blanca Paloma – “Secreto del agua” (Eng: “Secret of the water”)
- Chanel – “Slo mo”
- Gonzalo Hermida – “Quién lo diría”
- Javiera Mena – “Culpa“ (Eng: Guilt)
- Luna Ki – “Quiero Morir” (Eng: I want to die)
- Marta Sango – “Sigues en mi mente” (Eng: You are still on my mind)
- Rayden – “Calle de la llorería” (Eng: Crying Street)
- Rigoberta Bandini – “Ay Mama”
- Sara Deop – “Make you say”
- Tanxugueiras – “Terra” (Eng: Land/ Earth)
- Unique – “Mejores” (Eng: Best)
- Varry Brava – “Raffaella”
- Xeinn – “Eco” (Eng: Echo)
You can read our artist review on the link below
2 of the songs have already been released:
Blanca Paloma – “Secreto del agua”
Javiera Mena – “Culpa“