This evening, we will be able to watch the fourth quarter-final of “Eesti Laul 2022“:
- In each quarter-final, 10 artists will compete for 5 spots in the semi-finals.In the quarter-finals.
- we will watch video-clips instead of live performances
Today’s competing acts by running order are
- Púr Múdd & Shira – “Golden Shores”
- ELYSA – “Fire”
- Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany – “What To Make Of This”
- Dramanda – Tule minu sisse” (Eng: Come in with me)
- EMILI J. – “Quicksilver
- Ott Lepland – “Aovalguses” (Eng: In the Light)
- Eleryn Tiit – “Tunnete keel” (Eng: Language of Feelings)
- Jessica – “My Mom”
- Ariadne – “Shouldn’t Be Friends”
- Black Velvet – “Sandra”
You can read more about today’s artists in our article here
When: 20:35 CET to 21:35 CET
Where can we watch the show? On the ERR website in the following link
Results: 5 songs will qualify for the semi-finals. 3 of them will be chosen by public vote, while 2 others will be selected by a national jury. The results will be announced at the end of the show.
Hosts: The 2 hosts of the 4th quarter-final will be Jüri Pootsmann and Getter Jaani :
Jüri Pootsmann is an Estonian singer-songwriter.
He won the 6th season of “Eesti otsib superstaari” (Estonia is Searching for a Superstar).
In 2016, he participated in “Eesti Laul 2016” and won the right to represent Estonia at Eurovision 2016.
He represented the country with the song “Play“. Unfortunately, he ended up in last place in semi-final 1:
Getter Jaani is an Estonian singer and actress.
In 2011, she represented Estonia with the song “Rockefeller Street“.
She ended up 24th in the grand-final:
About the Selection Process
- This year, “Eesti Laul” will have 4 quarter-finals, 2 semi-finals, and a grand final.
- Out of 202 songs, 40 songs were shortlisted for the quarter-finals.
- The initial plan is to build a line-up of 20 songs in Estonian and 20 songs in other languages.
- A jury panel of 17 music experts ranked the songs without knowing who the singers, composers and lyricists were behind them.
- 10 songs will be included in each quarter-final. 5 of them will qualify for the semi-finals: 3 will be chosen by the public and 2 others by the jury.
- In the quarter-finals, songs won’t be performed live. We will watch the video clips of each one of them.
- As always, the semi-finals will have 2 rounds, where in the first round winners (jury votes and TV viewer’s phone votes combined) will qualify for the grand final and 2nd round decided by the public vote.
- Each semi-final will include 10 songs and only 5 of them will qualify.
- In the grand final, the 10 competing songs will face 2 rounds vote. The first round will be determined by 50% public vote and 50% jury voting.
- 3 artists will qualify for the “Superfinal,” which will only be determined by a public vote.
- A total of 202 songs were submitted
- 84 songs are in Estonian, while the other 118 songs are in foreign languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish and a fictional language.
- 7 of the artists have already represented Estonia in the past.
- Some of the song writers are well known Estonian musicians, composers and lyricists
- The dates of the shows are:
Quarterfinal 1:November 20th 2021 Quarterfinal 2:November 27th 2021 Quarterfinal 3:December 4th 2021
- Quarterfinal 4:December 11th 2021
- Semi Final 1: 3rd February 2022
- Semi Final 2: 5th February 2022
- Grand Final: 12th of February 2022
Who will qualify for the semi-finals?
What will be the differences between the public vote and jury vote?
Which song are you most excited about?