As we continue our weekly series Around The Continent, we will discuss the news and tell the story of each country’s preparation for Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
Book your calendars: The semi-final allocation draw will be held on Tuesday, the 25th of January 2022.
Singer Laura Pausini is one of the contenders to host Eurovision 2022
The rehearsals for “Festivali i Këngës 60” are running.
Here you can see some snippets:
You are invited to read our review
Last week, we reported that Armenia will select their Eurovision 2022 internally.
The Armenian broadcaster gave the following hint:
“Dark horses. These 2 singers have released very strong entries recently. Maybe an important event is about to come”.
On the left, we can see Amaliya Margaryan who participated in “Depi Evratesil 2018“
Australian broadcaster SBS has revealed 4 additional participants in “Australia Decides 2022“:
Seann Miley Moore – he will perform a song named “Bidy”
Voyager – They will perform a metal-rock song
Charley – The young singer will perform an emotional ballad about the break-up she has been through
Jude York – The young singer will perform a ballad with the title “I Won’t Need to Dream“
So the line-up is:
- Andrew Lambrou
- Isaiah Firebrace Feat. ?
- Jaguar Jonze
- Jude York
- Seann Miley Moore
- Sheldon Riley
However, SBS revealed that the 11th participant will be chosen via wild-card by the public.
HRT revealed 14 participants in “Dora 2022″:
- MIA NEGOVETIĆ – Forgive Me (Oprosti)
- MIA DIMŠIĆ – Guilty Pleasure
- BERNARDA – Here For Love
- TINA VUKOV – Hide Out
- ERIK VIDOVIĆ – I Found You
- ELLA OREŠKOVIĆ – If You Go Away
- TOMA – In The Darkness
- MILA ELEGOVIĆ – Ljubav
- ROKO VUŠKOVIĆ – Malo Kasnija
- MARKO BOŠNJAK – Moli Za Nas
- JESSE – My Next Mistake
- ELIS LOVRIĆ – No War
- ZDENKA KOVAČIČEK – Stay On The Bright Side
- TIA – Voli Me Do Neba
Among them you can find some familiar names that participated in previous editions of “Dora”:
- MIA NEGOVETIĆ – 2020, 2021
- BERNARDA – 2019, 2021
- TINA VUKOV – 2004, 2006, 2007
- ERIK VIDOVIĆ – 2021
- ELLA OREŠKOVIĆ – 2021
- TOMA – 2021
- ELIS LOVRIĆ – 2019, 2020
- ZDENKA KOVAČIČEK – 2002, 2020
An additional 4 songs were defined in the case of back-up:
- KARLO VUDRIĆ – 3AM
- VLATKA BURIĆ DUJMOVIĆ VYAN – GLADIATOR
- TOTALNI OPTIMIZAM – WHAT IF
- STELLA SCHOLAJA – GHOS
The songs won’t be released before the show. The closest thing we will get are snippets.
Last Thursday, the national final “ESCZ 2022” was held.
The winners are the band “We Are Domi” with the song “Lights Off”
The band members are: Dominika Hasek, Casper Hatlestad, Benjamin Rekstad
The results were:
|Song||International Jury (50%)||Internatioal Public (25%)||Czech Public (25%)||Final Score|
|We Are Domi – “Lights Off”||12||6||3||21|
|Elis Mraz – “Imma Be”||10||2||5||17|
|GIUDI – “Jezinky”||6||5||4||15|
|Jordan Haj & Emma Smetana – “By Now”||3||3||6||12|
|Skywalker – “Way Down”||6||4||2||12|
|Anabelle – “Runnin’ Out of Freaking Time”||8||1.5||1.5||11|
|The Valentines – “Stay or Go”||4||1||1||6|
Last Saturday, the 4th (and last) quarter-final of “Eesti Laul 2022” was held.
The 5 qualifeirs were:
Ott Lepland – “Aovalguses” (Eng: In the Light) – Public vote qualifier
ELYSA – “Fire” – Public vote qualifier
Black Velvet – “Sandra” – Public vote qualifier
Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany – “What To Make Of This” – Jury qualifier
Púr Múdd & Shira – “Golden Shores” – Jury qualifier
“Eesti Laul 2022” will be back with 2 semi-finals.
- Semi-Final 1 will be on Thursday the 3rd of February 2022,
- Semi-Final 2 will be on Saturday the 5th of February 2022
10 artists will participate in each semi-final and will fight for 5 spots in the final!
The 20 semi-finalists are:
- Jaagup Tuisk – Kui Vaid (Jury Qualifier)
- Stig Rästa – Interstellar (Televote Qualifier)
- Maian – Meeletu (Jury Qualifier)
- Boamadu – Mitte kauaks (Televote Qualifier)
- Evelin Samuel – Waterfall (Televote Qualifier)
- Kaia-Liisa Kesler – Vaikus (Jury Qualifier)
- Helen – Vaatu minu poole (Televote Qualifier)
- Jyrise – Plaksuta (Jury Qualifier)
- Andrei Zevakin feat. Grete Paia – Mis nüüd saab (Televote Qualifier)
- Triin Niitoja & Frants Tikerpuu – Laululind (Televote Qualifier)
- Stefan – Hope (Televote Qualifier)
- Elina Nechayeva – Remedy (Televote Qualifier)
- Merilin Mälk – Little Girl (Jury Qualifier)
- Anna Sahlene – Champion (Televote Qualifier)
- Alabama Watchdog – Move On (Jury Qualifier)
- Ott Lepland – In the Light (Televote Qualifier)
- ELYSA – Fire (Televote Qualifier)
- Black Velvet – Sandra (Televote Qualifier)
- Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany – What To Make Of This (Jury Qualifier)
- Púr Múdd & Shira – Golden Shore (Jury Qualifier)
According to Finnish media, one of the potential participants in “UMK 2022” is the rock band The Rasmus.
Unfortunately, it seems that the band Eskimo Callboy won’t participate in the national selection for Eurovision 2022.
Publishing their troring dates suggests they won’t be able to participate in the national selection or even Eurovision itself (if they would have been chosen):
ERT has announced the winner of the internal selection.
Norwegian – Greek singer Amanda Tenfjord (Amanda Georgiadis) will represent Greece!
Her song will be an emotional ballad she has written herself about a break-up she has been through.
According to the media, the next video is a short snippet of her song:
RÚV have receieved a total of 158 songs for the selection “Söngvakeppnin 2022”.
10 songs have been shortlisted for the televised shows: 5 songs among the 158 submissions, and 5 others from song-writers that have received a special invitation form RÚV.
The 10 artists and their songs will be revealed on Saturday, the 29th of January 2021.
You can read more details in our post.
Last Sunday, the auditions episodes in “X-Factor Israel” finally were behind us.
Each mentor has received their team:
Aviv Geffen – Women
Netta Barzilai – Men
Ran Danker – Youngs
Miri Mesika and Margol – Groups and Over 30.
On Tuesday, the ”Chair Challange” has started with the women’s team.
8 candidates competed for 4 chairs. The qualifeirs were:
While Rut Hatuma, Netta ”Toosha” Alkaslasy, Shira Atias and Avigail Moyal were eliminated.
On Thursday, it was the turn of the Groups and Over 35 to perform.
9 candidates competed for 4 chairs. The qualifeirs were:
Ron and Shiran, Liron Lev & Adi Cohen, Linet, and Taranta Groove Machine.
While the eliminated acts were: Kama Kamila, Maya Siman Tov, Ido B & Zuki, Stevie June, and Shimi Tavori.
The men’s team will perform on Sunday, while Young candidates will perform on Tuesday.
The 25 artists (22 established + 3 new-comers) that will compete in “Sanremo 2022” revealed with their song-titles:
Elisa–O forse sei tu
Dargen D’Amico–Dove si balla
Gianni Morandi–Apri tutte le porte
Ditonellapiaga & Donatella Rettore–Chimica
Noemi–Ti amo, non lo so dire
Highsnob & Hu–Abbi cura di te
Massimo Ranieri–Lettera al di là del mare
La Rappresentante di Lista–Ciao ciao
Ana Mena–Duecentomila ore
Emma–Ogni Volta E Cosi
Achille Lauro– Domenica
Michelle Bravi–Inverno dei fiori
Iva Zanicchi–Voglio amarti
Fabrizio Moro–Sei tu
Mahmood ft. Blanco–Brividi
Giovanni Truppi–Tuo padre, mia madre, Lucia
Yuman–Ora e qui
Yuman, Tananai and Matteo Romano qualified from “Sanremo Giovani 2021” category.
Malteese singer Aidan has confirmed he has submitted an entry for national selection.
He has participated in the national final for Eurovision 2018:
According to Lovin Malta, he has submitted an upbeat song with European sounds. The song has been written and composed by him and it is in the Malteese language.
Montengrin broadcaster RTCG received the songs from 30 song-writers.
Some of the song-writers are from foreign countries
A professional committee will estimate the songs and crown the winner.
The winning song will be chosen by the end of this year.
Due to the Covid situation in Norway, the semi-finals and “second chance” of “Melodi Grand Prix 2022” will be held without an audience.
45 shortlisted artists for the pre-selection round in “Selecţia Naţională 2022” will be revealed on Thursday the 23rd of December 2021
Around 150 songs have been submitted for “Takmičenje za Pesmu Evrovizije 2022″.
Serbian broadcaster RTS has currently aimed to hold a national selection in late February, however, it can be altered if Covid-19 prevents the jury from determining the Serbian representative.
Some artists who have probably submitted an entry are: Sara Jo, Angellina, Goca Tržan, Igor Simić, Dušan Svilar, Zorja Pajic, Aleksandar Radojevic, Aca Lukas, and TEODORA.
Slovenian broadcaster RTV SLO hinted that very soon we will find the participants in the established category – “EMA 2022”
The 3rd week of “EMA Freš 2022” is almost over with another 4 duels. Here are the results and songs:
4 duel winners will compete for 3 spots in the next round: televised semi-finals.
By this, 9 particopants in “EMA Freš 2022” will qualify directly for the semi-finals of “EMA Freš 2022“.
The other 15 participants will fight for additional 5 spots in the semi-finals.
The updated dates for “Benifdorm Fest 2022” are:
- Semi-Final 1 – Tuesday the 26th of January 2022
- Semi-Final 2 – Wednesday the 27th of January 2022
- Final – Friday the 29th of January 2022
The participant Luna Ki teased us with her song:
However, it seems like she might be disqualified, because she has performed it in front of an audience over a year ago.
Swedish broadcaster SVT revealed the running order and semi-final allocation of “Melodifestivalen. 2022“:
Earlier this morning, Swedish broadcaster SVT revealed the running order and semi-final allocation of “Melodifestivalen 2022″.
SVT is also planning to take Melodifestivalen on tour around Sweden after 2021 edition whish held only in Stockholm with no audience. Tour dates and locations for Melodifestivalen 2022 will be:
Semi-Final 1: Malmö – Malmö Arena (5th February 2022)
- Malou Pritz – Bananas
- Theoz – “Som du vill” (Eng: As You Wish)
- Shirley Clamp – “Let There Be Angels“
- Omar Rudberg – “Moving like that”
- Danne Stråhed – “Hallabaloo“
- Cornelia Jakobs – “Hold Me Closer“
- Robin Bengtsson – Inocent Love
Semi-Final 2: Gothenburg – Scandinavium (12th Feburary 2022)
- Liamoo – “Bluffin”
- Niello & Lisa Ajax – “Tror du att jag bryr mig” (Eng: Do You Think I Care?)
- Samira Manners – “I want To Be Loved“
- Alvaro Estrella – Suave (Eng: Gentle)
- Browsing Collection – Face In The Crowd
- John Lundvik – “Änglavakt” (English: Angel Guard)
- Tone Sekelius – My Way
Semi-Final 3: Linköping – Saab Arena (19th February 2022)
- Cazzi Opeia (Moa Carlebecker) – “I Can’t Get Enough“
- Lancelot – Lyckligt Slut (Eng: Happy End)
- Lisa Miskovsky – Best to come
- Tribe Friday – “Shut Me Up”
- Faith Kakembo – “Freedom“
- Linda Bengtzing – “Fyrfaldigt hurra!” (Eng: Four times hurray!)
- Anders Bagge – “Bigger Than The Universe“
Semi-Final 4: Lidköping – Sparbanken Arena (26th February 2022)
- Anna Bergendahl – Higher Power
- Lillasyster – Til Our Days Are Over
- Malin Christin – Synd Om Dig (Eng: Sorry For You)
- Tenori – La Stella
- MEDINA – “In I Dimman” (Eng: Into The Fog)
- Angelino – The End
- Klara Hammarström – “Run To The Hills“