As we continue our weekly series Around The Continent, we will discuss the news and tell the story of each country’s preparation for Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
“Festivali i Këngës 60” will be held this week on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Each of the shows will start at 21:00 C.E.T.
20 artists will compete for the right to represent Albania at Eurovision 2022.
The festival will include 3 nights. All participants will perform on each one of the 3 nights.
The format will be:
- Night 1 (27th of December) – Contestants Night: Orchestra performances
- Night 2 (28th of December) – Nostaligia Night: The artists will perform songs from the rich repertoire of “Festivali i Këngës”
- Night 3 (29th of December) – Eurovision Night: The songs will be performed with live vocals and pre-recorded studio versions of the meldies.
YouTube playlist can be found here
You are invited to read our review as well:
Unofficial resources, including the Facebook page Depi Evratesil / Armenian National Selection for Eurovision, claim that there are 6 potential artists to represent Armenia at Eurovision 2022:
These 6 artists are:
- Athena Manoukian – The singer won national selection in 2020 and should have represented the country at Eurovision before Eurovision 2020 was canceled.
- Saro Gevorgyan – winner of “New Wave 2021” festival
- Amalya Margaryan – participated in the national selection in 2017 and 2018 (3rd place).
- Artem Valter
- Lusine Aghabekyan (Lucy)
All we know so far is that the artist and the song will be internally selected
2 of “Australia Decides 2022” participants gave us snippets of their songs for the national selection:
“Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2022” Songs Will Be Revealed On 10th of February 2022.
The line-up will include 8 songs.
2 additional episodes of “X-Factor Israel” were broadcast this week.
On Sunday, the boys team of Netta performed. 8 candidates fought for 4 spots in the next round.
The qualifiers are:
Michael Ben David
On Thursday, the young team of Ran Danker performed. 8 candidates fought for 4 spots in the next round.
The qualifiers are:
Next week (on Sunday and Thursday), we will watch 2 additional shows.
On each one of them, one team will perform and 3 out of 4 candidates will qualify.
The city of Turin is looking for technical sponsors. The submission window for public and private companies is available until the 19th of January 2022.
According to Italian media, the singer-songwriter Marco Menogni (who represented Italy at Eurovision 2013) will be a special guest in “Festival Di Sanremo 2022“
It will take some time until we’ll find out the participants in “Supernova 2022“.
However, here is one of the submitted songs:
Moldova announces national selection for Eurovision 2022 – ”Finala națională 2022”.
The submission window opened on the 20th of December 2021 and will close on 24th January 2022.
The selection will include 3 phases:
- Submissions Review: 25th – 28th of January 2022
- Auditions: 29th of January 2022
- Televised Grand Final – 5th of March 2022
Montenegrin broadcaster RTCG revealed the 10 jury members that will determine the artist and song for Eurovision 2022:
- Stana Šalgo – Music Editor and head of jury panel
- Nina Žižić – represtend Montengro at Eurovision 2013 as part of the group Who See
- Danijel Alibabić – represtend Serbia & Montengro at Eurovision 2005 as part of the group No Name.
- Bojana Nenezić – member of Montengro‘s Institute for Education.
- Đorđije Kustudić – RTCG representative.
- Dražen Bauković – RTCG representative.
- Gojko Berkuljan – RTCG representative.
- Branka Banović – Music Editor
- Zoja Đurović – Music Professor
- Ilmira Lika – TV Editor
Out of 30 submitted songs, 24 songs fulfill all the regulation rules and therefore will be estimated by the jury panel.
“Melodi Grand Prix 2022” Hosts will be Kåre Magnus Bergh, Annika Momrak and Mikkel Niva.
You can read more about them here
Polish broadcaster TVP will announce the artist for Eurovision 2022 very soon
“Festival da Canção 2022” dates are:
- Semi-Final 1 – Saturday the 5th of March 2022
- Semi-Final 2 – Monday the 7th of March 2022
- Grand Final – Saturday the 12th of March 2022
The semi-finals allocation (by authors) will be:
10 artists will compete in each semi-final, 5 of them will qualify for the final.
The results will be determined by a national jury (50%) and public vote (50%)
TVR has revealed the 45 artists and song titles that will compete in the forst round of semi-final in “Selecţia Naţională 2022”:
- Alex Parker & Erik Frank & Bastien – “Best of me”
- Aldo Blaga – “Embers”
- Alexa – “Hoodies and cold nights”
- Alina Amon – “Without you”
- Ana Lazăr – “Youngster”
- Andra Oproiu – “Younique”
- Andrea Stocchino – “Avere paura” (To be afraid)
- Andrei Petruş – “Take me”
- ARIS – “Do Svidaniya” (Goodbye)
- Ayona Iordănescu – “Let me come to you”
- Barbara – “Hypnotized”
- Bogdan Dumitraş – “Sign”
- Carmen Trandafir – “Măşti” (Masks)
- Cezar Ouatu – “For everyone”
- Ciro De Luca – “Imperdonabile” (Unforgiveable)
- Claudia, Minodora, Diana – “România mea” (My Romania)
- Dan Helciug – “241”
- Dora Gaitanovici – “Ana”
- Eliza G – “The other half of me”
- Eugenia Nicolae – “Doina”
- Fabian Ferrara – “That way”
- Forţele de muncă – “Hai afară, frate!” (Come out brother!)
- Gabriel Basco – “One night”
- Giulia-Georgia Beiliciu – “Find your way”
- Ivelin Trakiyski – “Neverending”
- Jessie – “Regret”
- Kyrie Mendél – “Hurricane”
- Letiţia Moisescu – “Mirunica”
- Leyah – “I’ll be fine”
- Mălina – “Prisoner”
- Miryam – “Top of the rainbow”
- MOISE – “Guilty”
- Oana Tabultoc – “Utopia”
- Olivia Miheţ – “Fragile”
- Othello – “You’re worthy”
- Outflow – “Running in circles”
- Petra – “Ireligios” (Irreligious)
- Popa Roberta-Maria – “Indigo”
- Romeo Zaharia – “Until the fight is over”
- Silvia Costache – “Save me”
- Sophia – “Beautiful lies”
- Stelian – “Remember”
- VANU – “Never give up”
- Vizi Imre – “Sparrow”
- WRS – “Llámame” (Call me)
The songs have been selected by a jury panel composed of: Alexandra Ungureanu, Ozana Barabancea, Randi, Cristian Faur, and Adrian Romcescuis.
The songs are gradually published by the artists independently.
Between 5th-10th of February 2022, jury panel will selecet 15 of them.
5 additional songs will be chosen by the public on 9th-10th of February 2022.
Those 20 songs will qualify for the semi-finals. 10 of them will qualify for the final.
The second “heat” of auditions for “Una voce per San Marino” will be held in January 2022.
Among the participants, we can find Elis Mraz who participated this year (and in 2020) in the Czech selection for Eurovision. She ended up as the runner up on 2 occasions.
In February 2022, emerging artists will face a televised show to determine which 9 of them will get a spot in the national selection.
Serbian broadcaster RTS announced that the jury panel had listened to all 150 submissions.
A reduced list (16-24 songs) will be announced at the beginning of the new year
RTV SLO revealed 16 established artists that will participate in “EMA 2022“.
- Anabel – “Tendency” (Songwriter: Ana Teržan – Anabel)
- Batista Cadillac – “Mim Pravil” (Songwriters: Urban Lutman, Matija Koritnik, Martin Štibernik, Tadej Košir, Benjamin Krnetič)
- Bowrain & Brina – “Čas Je” (Songwriters: Tine Grgurevič, Gregor Kosi)
- BQL – “Maj” (Songwriters: Anej Piletič, Raay, Marjetka Vovk)
- David Amaro – “Še Vedno So Lepa” (Songwriters: Goran Šarac, Rok Lunaček)
- Eva Moškon – “Kliki” (Songwriters: Nermin Puškar, Srečko Meolic)
- Gušti feat. Leyre – “Nova Romantika” (Songwriter: Miha Guštin – Gušti)
- Hauptman – “Sledim” (Songwriters: Žan Hauptman, Vid Turica)
- Jonatan Haller – “Ozborje” (Songwriters: Jonatan Haller, Satja Medvešek, Jernej Drnovšek, Miha Rednak)
- July Jones – “Girls Can Do Anything” (Songwriter: July Jones)
- Klara Jazbec – “Chasing Dreams” (Songwriters: Ed Fisher, Klara Jazbec, Ani Cordero)
- Le Serpentine – “Tud Teb Se Lahk Zgodi” (Songwriter: Žiga Jokić)
- Manouche – “Si Sama?” (Songwriter: Robert Pikl)
- Mia Guček – “Independiente” (Songwriters: Mia Guček, Octavian Rasinariu, Patrick Jamnik)
- Vedran Ljubenko – “H₂O Dieta” (Songwriters: Vedran Ljubenko, Jakov Zadro)
- Zala Smolnikar – “V Ogledalu” (Songwriter: Zala Smolnikar)
You can our full review here
9 of the finalists in “EMA Freš 2022” have been revealed in the last few weeks.
Five “second chance” battles in “EMA Freš 2022” have been held this week.
15 young artists who didn’t qualify in the previous round will get 5 spots in the next round.
They were assigned to 5 groups of 3 members. One winner was chosen from each match.
- Match 1 – Katja Kos qualified, while Katja Korošec and Neli Jerot were eliminated
- Match 2 – EMMA qualified, while Mitja Dragan and LaraYul were eliminated
- Match 3 – Anja Vodošek qualified, while Nina Sodnik and Ain’t Harmony were eliminated
- Match 4 – Mia Vučković qualified, while Hvala Brothers and Lara Dovier were eliminated
- Match 5 – Nika S. qualified, while Evita and Ella were eliminated.
Covid restrictions may change the plans for “Melodifestivalen 2022“.
SVT‘s intentionts were to hold a tour in 6 different cities:
- Semi-Final 1: Malmö – Malmö Arena (5th February 2022)
- Semi-Final 2: Gothenburg – Scandinavium (12th Feburary 2022)
- Semi-Final 3: Linköping – Saab Arena (19th February 2022)
- Semi-Final 4: Lidköping – Sparbanken Arena (26th February 2022)
- Andra Chansen: Örnsköldsvik – Hägglunds Arena (5th March 2022)
- Final: Stockholm – Friends Arena (12th March 2022)
At the monent, The Swedish government limits the number of people in a closed space to be no more than 500.
Having a reduced audience can have some financial consequences that can put a big question mark on having audience at all. In other words, the cost of hosting the shows in 6 different arenas will be much more than the incomes from the tickets sale.
Anette Brattström (“Melodifestivalen” projact manager) claims that the tour will still go on.
Swiss broadcaster SRF revealed the 23 international jury that will help to choose the artist and song for Eurovision 2022:
- PÆNDA / Panda / Gabriela Horn (Austria)
- Tinkara Kovač (Slovenia)
- IIinca Bacila (Romania)
- Ovidiu Jacobsen (Romania)
- Karl-Ander Reismann (Estonia)
- Helga Möller (Iceland)
- Ludmila Kuts (Belarus)
- Amie Borgar (Finland)
- Pete Watson (United Kingdom)
- Grzegorz Urban (Poland)
- Argyro Christodoulidou (Cyprus)
- Mark De-Lisser (United Kingdom)
- Henrik Johnsson (Sweden)
- Gore Melian (Armenia)
- Milan Havrda (Czech Republic)
- Julian le Play (Austria)
- Samuli Väänänen (Finland)
- Florent Luyckx (The Netherlands)
- Deivydas Zvonkus (Lithuania)
- Anders Øhrstrøm (Demnark)
- Maria Marcus (Sweden)
- Alexey Gross (Belarus)
- Gordon Groothedde (The Netherlands)
You can read more about them in our article here
Ukrainian broadcaster Suspile opened the submission window for “Vidbir 2022” on 14th of December 2021. Submission window will clode on the 10th of January 2022
At the moment, the known details are:
- The selection will include a grand final only
- 8-10 artists will be shortlised for the final
- The finalists will be revealed by the 24th of January 2022
- 53 artists have submitted their entries so far. They came from the countries: Ukraine, Armenia, Germany and Hungary.
- Some of the interested artist particiapted in “Junior Eurovision”, “X-Factor” and “The Voice” in the past