According to Polish broadcaster TVP, the national representative for Eurovision 2022 will be revealed around 2 weeks after the planned date.
Initially, TVP stated that the artist will be announced on 2nd of January 2022.
However, their new statement talks about the 15th of January 2022 as the wishful day.
This year, Poland chose internal selection as their method.
The submission window opened on the 20th of September 2021 and closed on November 20, 2021.
TVP received around 130 songs for this year’s selection
The main regulation
- The selection was determined by 2 stages.
- The professional jury is composed of 5 members, including a chairman.
- Each committee member had the right to choose 3 songs out of the submitted songs.
- Each committee member had the right to add another singer that hasn’t directly qualified for the second stage.
- In the second stage, 3-15 artists competed on the right to represent the country at Eurovision 2022.
- Each committee member ranked each one of the shortlisted songs in the range of 1-10.
- The song with the highest total score will be the Polish entry for Eurovision 2022.
The known artists in the selection process are: Daria Marcinkowska, Oscar Jensen, UNMUTE ,The Szczepan Sisters and Lidia Kopania.
Who would you like to see representing Poland at Eurovision 2022?
Will the country qualify for the final after non-qualifying 3 times in a row?