Maltese broadcaster TVM has revealed more details about the national selection for Eurovision 2022.
The selection will include 2 shows:
Semi-Final – Thursday, 17th of February 2022
Final – Saturday, 19th of February 2022
22 artists will take part in this year’s selection, but only 16 of them will qualify for the final.
22 competing acts (and song snippets):
- Nicole Hammett – A Lover’s Heart
- Jessica Grech – Aphrodisiac
- Janice Mangion – Army
- Denise Mercieca – Boy
- Matt BLXCK – Come Around
- Baklava Ft Nicole – Electric Indigo
- Sarah Bonnici – HEAVEN
- Richard Micallef – Hey Little
- Norbert Bondin – How special you are
- Derrick Schembri – II
- Nicole Azzopardi – Into The Fire
- Jessica Muscat – Kaleidoscope
- Miriana Conte – Look what you’ve done now
- Emma Muscat – Out Of Sight
- Raquel Galdes Briffa – Over You
- Jade Vella – REVELACIÓN
- Francesca Sciberras – RISE
- Aidan Cassar – Ritmu
- Mark Anthony Bartolo – Serenity
- Enya Magri – SHAME
- Malcolm Pisani – We Came For LOVE
- Rachell Lowell – White Doves
All snippets are available on the Eurovision Song Malta Facebook page as well
Among the artists, we can recognize some familiar faces:
- Aidan Cassar – competed in the national selection in 2018 with the song “Dai Laga” and ended in 4th place.
- Jessica Muscat – competed in the Maltese selection several times. In 2018, won San-Marino selection for Eurovision 2018 with the German singer Jennifer. They performed the song “Who We Are“
- Richard Micallef represented Malta as part of the group Firelight at Eurovision 2014 with the song “Coming Home“. In 2018, he competed in the national selection alongside his father. They finished as the runner-ups.
- Nicole Azzopardi represented Malta at Junior Eurovision 2010 with the song “Knock Knock! … Boom! Boom!”. She finished in 13th place.
- Emma Muscat – the singer competed in the Italian music show “Amici di Maria de Filippi”, where she ended 5th.
- Matt BLXCK – participated in the 2nd season of “X-Factor Malta” (which was the artist selection for Eurovision 2019).
- Miriana Conte – competed in the national selection in 2018 with the song “Rocket“. She ended up 12th.
- Janice Mangion – competed in the national selection in 2017 with the song “Kewkba“. She ended up in 2nd place
Which snippet impressed you the most?
What genre of song would Malta like to send to Eurovision?
Do you think Malta will manage to end up in top10 at Eurovision as it did in 2021?
You’re welcome to read all about Eurovision 2022 on our homepage