The first semi-final of “X-Factor Israel 2022” was broadcast tonight.
6 artists competed in multiple rounds, ending to 2 of them earning a spot in the grand final.
The 6 semi-finalists are (from upper left to right):
- Inbal Bibi (Girls team)
- Sapir Saban (Girls team)
- Eli Huli (Boys team)
- Michael Ben David (Boys team)
- Anna Stefanie (Girls team)
- Shahar Adawi (Boys team)
The first 2 finalists that have been announced at the end of the show are:
Eli Huli (Boys team)
Inbal Bibi (Girls team)
The 4 remaining artists (Sapir Saban, Michael Ben David, Anna Stefanie, and Shahar Adawi) will compete in the second semi-final of “X-Factor Israel 2022“.
They will fight on 2 additional spots in the grand final.
We would like to remind you that the 4 finalists will compete in the Israeli selection for Eurovision 2022.
On Thursday night, we will have the full image of the 4 finalists!
ISRAEL SELECTION PROCESS FOR EUROVISION 2022
- 30th of January 2022 – Song Revealing. 8 songs have been shortlisted by a professional committee. Each finalist was matched with 2 songs.
- 3rd of February 2022 : “Hashir Shelanu La’Eurovision 2022” – Each finalist will perform his 2 potential songs. With a combination of 25% jury votes, 25% professional committees, and 50% public vote, each finalist will remain with only one song!
- 5th of February 2022 : “X-Factor Israel 2022” the grand final – Each finalist will perform his song for Eurovision. The results will be determined by 25% professional committees, and 50% public vote.
According to reliable sources in the Israeli media, including the journalist Eran Swissa, we can reveal some more details about the 8 shortlisted songs!
- Chen Aharoni, finalist in “Hakochav Haba La’Eurovision 2018” wrote one of the songs. The title of the song is “I am“.
2. Another song in the running was written by the singer-songwriter Dikla. It will probably involve some oriental elements. In a Facebook post, she teased her fans with the description “coming soon.”
3. Eli Huli, who has already qualified for the final, was probably involved in his potential songs for the selection. He may have collaborated with producer Ruby Fayer.
4. Stav Begger, one of the co-writers of “Toy” (performed by Netta, winning song of Eurovision 2018), was the producer of 6 out of 8 shortlisted songs!
Who will represent Israel at Eurovision 2022?
Will Israel qualify for the final?
What kind of song would you expect from Israel?
You’re welcome to read all about Eurovision 2022 on our homepage