That’s it, we have them all – 4 young and talented artists will claim the stage in Turin.
As we all know, Israel chooses its artist for Eurovision 2022 via the “X – Factor Israel 2022″.
This week, the 2 semi-finals of the show have been held.
The 4 finalists are:
Michael Ben David
ISRAEL SELECTION PROCESS FOR EUROVISION 2022
- 30th of January 2022 – Song Revealing. 8 songs have been shortlisted by a professional committee. Each finalist was matched with 2 songs.
- 3rd of February 2022 : “Hashir Shelanu La’Eurovision 2022” – Each finalist will perform his 2 potential songs. With a combination of 25% jury votes, 25% professional committees, and 50% public vote, each finalist will remain with only one song!
- 5th of February 2022 : “X-Factor Israel 2022” the grand final – Each finalist will perform his song for Eurovision. The results will be determined by 25% professional committees, and 50% public vote.
According to reliable sources in the Israeli media, including the journalist Eran Swissa, we can reveal some more details about the 8 shortlisted songs!
- Chen Aharoni, a finalist in “Hakochav Haba La’Eurovision 2018” wrote one of the songs. The title of the song is “I am“. According to our sources, the song will be performed by Michael Ben David.
2. Another song in the running was written by the singer-songwriter Dikla. It will probably involve some oriental elements. In a Facebook post, she teased her fans with the description “coming soon.
3. Eli Huli was probably involved in his potential songs for the selection. He may have collaborated with producer Ruby Fayer.
4. Stav Begger, one of the co-writers of “Toy” (performed by Netta, winning song of Eurovision 2018), was the producer of 6 out of 8 shortlisted songs!
5. One of Eli Huli’s songs will probably be “Nostalgy”
Who will represent Israel at Eurovision 2022?
Will Israel qualify for the final?
What kind of song would you expect from Israel?
You’re welcome to read all about Eurovision 2022 on our homepage