Earlier tonight, Portugal held the grand final of the “Festival da Canção 2022“
The line-up of “Festival da Canção 2022” included 20 artists that competed in 2 semi-finals.
10 of them earned a spot in the final.
Filomena Cautela and Vasco Palmeirim hosted the grand final, while Inês Lopes Gonçalves was the green room host
The running order was:
- Pongo e Tristany – DÉGRÁ.DÊ
- SYRO – Ainda nos Temos
- Milhanas – Corpo de Mulher
- Inês Homem de Melo – Fome de Viagem
- Aurea – Why?
- Os Quatro e Meia – Amanhã
- FF – Como É Bom Esperar Alguém
- Diana Castro – Ginger Ale
- MARO – saudade, saudade
- Pepperoni Passion – Código 30
You can find the full playlists here:
The results were determined by a combination of 50% national jury and 50% public vote.
The public vote was decomposed by 7 Portugal’s regions:
- Lisbon Area
The jury panel consisted of 7 membes:
- Dino D’Santiago: Kady‘s songwriter at the “Festival da Canção 2020″
- Dulce Pontes: Portugal’s representative at Eurovision 1991
- Miguel Cadete: Editorial Director of Blitz
- Pedro Granger: Actor and presenter, moderator of press conferences at Eurovision 2018
- Surma: “Festival da Canção 2019″ finalist
- Tatanka: Lead singer of The Black Mamba, representatives of Portugal at Eurovision 2021
- Teresa Salgueiro: Singer
Therefore, Maro is the winner of “Festival da Canção 2022“.
Maro will perform “Saudade,saudade” at Eurovision 2022
Portugal will compete in the second half of semi-final 1 which will be held on the 10th of May 2022.
If the country qualifies, Portugal will participate in the grand final on the 14th of May 2022.
Read all about Eurovision 2022 on our homepage