Approximately a month ago, Swedish broadcaster SVT announced “Melodifestivalen 2023” as the selection process for Eurovision 2023.
In addition, as we have reported, the submission window will open on the 26th of August 2022 and will close on the 16th of September 2022. You can real the full details about the regulations in our previous article.
If you follow the Swedish website ticketsale.se, you will be able to get further information about the date and locations of the national selection:
- Semi-Final 1 – 4th of February 2023, will be held in Gothenburg.
- Semi-Final 2 – 11th of February 2023, will be held in Linköping.
- Semi-Final 3 – 18th of February 2023, will be held in Lidköping.
- Semi-Final 4 – 25th of February 2023, will be held in Malmö.
- Semi-Final 5 – 4th of March 2023, will be held in Örnsköldsvik.
- The Grand Final – 11th of March 2023, will be held in Stockholm.
In fact, these 6 mentioned cities were planned to be part of the “Melodifestivalen 2022” tour.
However, due to the rise of Covid in Sweden around January-February 2022, the allowed number of people in close places was limited. That’s why it has been decided to hold “Melodifestivalen 2022” in Avicii Arena and the Friends Arena in Stockholm.
Tickets for the different shows will be available for purchase on the 1st of November 2022.
Tickets for “Melodifestivalen 2022” (on the original arenes) that weren’t fulfilled will be available to use for the “Melodifestivalen 2023”.
Cornelia Jakobs represented Sweden at Eurovision 2022 with the song “Hold Me Closer“.
She ended up in 4th place in the final