Latvian broadcaster LTV has opened song submissions to select their hopefuls to represent Latvia in the Eurovision Song Contest 2023.
As in recent years, “Supernova” will be used as the selection process for Eurovision 2023.
Song submissions were opened today (22nd September 2022) and will close on 1st December 2022 at 23:59.
Songs will be revealed on January 2023, and the grand final will be held in February 2023.
You can read the rules here: (In Latvian).
You can submit the song here:
How songs will be chosen:
- Song structure – originality, arrangement, message, compliance with modern market trends;
- Song and Participant’s opportunities and potential to compete in the international pop music market;
- Performer’s vocal abilities and personality;
- Past achievements in the industry or potential for future achievements and existence in the real market.
- In January 2023, LTV will publish the names of the entries selected by the jury and enter the next round, including Song Authors.
If the winner of Supernova can’t represent Latvia in Eurovision 2023, second place will be contacted, and the next two days will be announced officially.
Citi Zēni represented Latvia at Eurovision 2022 with the song ”Eat Your Salad”.They came in 14th place in semi-final 1 with 55 points.