According to the Belgian website Het Laastse Nieuws, we can learn more about the Belgian selection for Eurovision 2023.
As we reported earlier this year, VRT will lead the selection process for the country.
The broadcaster has decided to use a national selection for Eurovision for the first time since 2016.
First, the selection will be closed to artists that the broadcaster would preliminarily choose.
Here and the new details:
- 7 artists are expected to take part in the national selection.
- The number of shows is yet to be determined, but there will be at least 2.
- Each one of the artists will perform 2 different songs on the selection.
- The public will choose 1 song only for each artist which will be performed in the final
- The final will be held in Palais/Paleis 12 in Brussels.
- The expected date for the final is around the middle of February 2023
A list of confirmed artists is yet to be revealed.
However, it is possible that VRT will finalize the list by November
The format of the selection might resemble the format of Israeli selection for Eurovision 2022 and German selection for Eurovision 2017
Jérémie Makiese represented Belgium with the song “Miss you” at Eurovision 2022.
He finished in 19th place in the final: