As we continue our weekly series Around The Continent, we will discuss the news and tell the story of each country’s preparation for the Eurovision Song Contest 2023.
Albina and Klemendi’s family confirmed the song “Duje” will remain in Albanian language.
However, they hinted a possbile revamp in the coming months.
VRT will broadcast the daily program about “Eurosong 2023″ starting on the 9th of January 2023 at 19:45 CET . For 5 days in a row, we will be able to listen to the full songs for the first time. Each program will probably include 2-4 different songs.
This will also be a platform for each artist to decide which of their 2 songs will be performed in the final on the 14th of January 2023.
Duncan Laurence will perform as a special guest on the final
The 7 artists who will compete in “UMK 2023” will be revealed on the 11th of January 2023 at 8:00 local time (9:00 CET).
Meanwhile, YLE released a very short snippet of the songs:
The songs will be released once per day, starting the 12th of January 2023.
Alexandra Redde-Amiel, the head of the French delegation, gave an interview this week.
She hasn’t given the full details of the selection, but claimed France has some big plans for Eurovision 2023.
We would like to remind you that in the same time period in 2020 and 2021, we have already known about the national selection “C’est vous qui décidez“. At least the submission window opening or list of artists is known at this time.
Is it possible that the French artist will be selected internally for Eurovision 2023?
The 4th (and last) week of blind auditions on “The Voice of Georgia” ended.
An additional 8 artists qualify for the battles and these are:
(You can watch each audition by clicking on the name of the participants)
- Anastasia Vashakmadze
- Ani Nozadze
- Giorgi Putkaradze
- Koka Davitadze
- Luka Niavadze (has already participated in “The Voice of Georgia 2022“)
- Mariam Kokeladze
- Mariam Toronjadze
- Nini Alisiani
Therefore, a total of 32 artists will participate in the next round – the battles.
Each mentor has 8 artists on her/his team.
They will be narrowed down to 16 artists.
- Sopho Toroshelidze Team: Salome Tsintsadze, Lika Siradze, Tako Kakalashvili, Anri Bolkhadze, Tina Datikashvili, Anika Gabiskiria, Sopho Batilashvili, Mariam Kokeladze
- Dato Porchkhidze Team: Kakha Aslamazashvili, Tsotne Barbakadze, Erekle Turkadze, Iru Khechanov, Irakli Kapanadze, Nini Alisiani, Koka Davitadze, Ani Nozadze
- Stephane Mgebrishvili Team: Likuna Tutisani, Aliona Tsintsadze, Saba Chachua, Dato Rusadze, Anka Tatarashvili, Luka Niavadze, Anastasia Vashakmadze, Mariam Toronjadze
- David Evgenidze Team: Salome Takaishvili, Giorgi Dataishvili, Mariam Bugianishvili, Ekaterine Mdivani, Gvantsa Kupatadze, Sopo Garakanidze, Alegro, Giorgi Putkaradze
The German selection for Eurovision 2023 – “Unser Lied für Liverpool” will have 3 phases for choosing the participants (according to ESC Kompakt)
- The jury listened to around 600 submissions and assessed them. This phase was held around the 9th of December. The jury included the ARD Eurovision team, internal expertise, Alexandra Wolfslast (Head of German delegation), Eurovision.de editorial team and more. They shortlisted an unknown number of songs.
- A group of international jury members will listen to the shortlisted acts and will have to make comments on each one of them. They won’t vote, but their opinions will be considered when decisions are made.
- The group of German jury will shortlist around 7 songs from the open submissions path.
- In addition, at least one song from the Tik-Tok path will get a wild-card for “Unser Lied für Liverpool“.
7 finalists for the internal selection have been announced:
EurovisionFun gave the following details:
- Leon of Athens – Somewhere to Go [upbeat dance pop with influences of the 1980’s music]
- Antonia Kaouri & Maria Maragkou – Shout Out! [pop/rock uptempo]
- Konstantina Iosifidou – We are Young [a pop rock song]
- Klavdia – Holy Water [melodic ballad with significant lyrics]
- Monika – I’m Proud [mid-tempo song]
- Victor Vernicos – What They Say [an emotional ballad]
- Melissa Mantzoukis – Liar [dance pop that talks about women’s empowerment]
According to Star TV Greece, the demoscopic jury (70 people from the public) whose ranking will be 50.6% of the final decision, ranked the songs as follows:
- Melissa Mantzoukis – Liar
- Klavdia – Holy Water
- Victor Vernicos – What They Say
- Leon of Athens – Somewhere to Go
- Monika – I’m Proud
- Konstantina Iosifidou – We are Young
- Antonia Kaouri & Maria Maragkou – Shout Out!
The final decision will be on January 2023. The chosen artist will be revealed in the middle of January 2023.
RAI announced changes regarding the 4th night of “Festival Di Sanreono 2023“.
The artists will be able to perform covers of Italian and international songs that were released during the 1960’s-2000’s. Previously, songs from the 2000’s weren’t allowed.
Maltese broadcaster TVM has published snippets of 40 songs from “MESC 2023″ – the national selection for Eurovision 2023
You can listen to 30 seconds snippets here
The 40 shortlisted artists with their song titles are:
- Aidan – Regina
- Andre – Broken hill
- Bradley Debono – Blackout
- Brooke – Checkmate
- Clintess – Lura Qatt
- Cheryl Balzan – La La Land
- Chris Grech – Indescribable
- Christian Arding – Eku Car
- Dan – It’ll Be Ok
- Dario – Pawn in a game
- Dario Bezzina – Bridle Road
- Dominic and Anna – Whatever the Wind May Blow
- Eliana Gomez Blanco – Guess what
- Fabizio Faniello – Try To Be Better
- Francesca Sciberras – Masquerade
- Geo Debono – The Mirror
- Giada – I depend on You
- Greta Tude – Sound of my stilettos
- Haley – Tik Tok
- Ian -On My Own
- Jake – Love you like that
- James Louis – Dream
- Jason Scerri – Anything can happen
- Jessika – Unapologetic
- John Galea – Trailblazer
- Klinsmann – Piranah
- Kirstie – Girls Get Down
- Lyndsay – Haunted
- Maria Christina – Our Flame
- Maxine Pace – Alone
- Mark Anthony Bartolo – Tears
- Maria Debono – X’allegrija
- Marie Claire – Thankful
- Matt Blxck – UP.
- Mike – Lehen Fic-Cpar
- Nathan – Creeping Walls
- Ryan Hili – In the Silence
- Stefan – Heartbreaker
- Stefan – What do you Want?
- The Busker – Dance (Our Own Party)
About “MESC 2023”
- The selection process will include 4 quarter-finals, 1 semi-final, and a final.
- 10 artists will participate in each quarter-final, and 6 of them will qualify for the semi-final
- 24 artists will compete in the semi-finals, and 16 of them will qualify for the final
- 16 artists will compete in the final and the winner will represent Malta at Eurovision 2023
- The results of each show will be determined by a combination of a national jury and a public vote
- The qualifiers from the quarter-finals will be announced at the end of the 4th quarter-final
- The dates of selection are:
- Quarter-Final 1 – 13th of January 2023
- Quarter-Final 2 – 20th of January 2023
- Quarter-Final 3 – 27th of January 2023
- Quarter-Final 4 – 3rd of February 2023
- Semi-Final – 9th of February 2023
- Grand Final – 11th of February 2023
On Wednesday, the 4th of January 2023, we will meet the 21 participants in the “Melodi Grand Prix 2023″
Important dates for the “Melodi Grand Prix 2023″ are:
- Revealing of participants: Wednesday, 4th of January 2023
- Semi-Final 1 Songs Revealed: Monday, 9th of January 2023
- Semi-Final 1: Saturday, 14th January 2023
- Semi-Final 2 Songs Revealed: Monday, 16th of January 2023
- Semi-Final 2: Saturday, 21st January 2023
- Semi-Final 3 Songs Revealed: Monday, 23rd of January 2023
- Semi-Final 3: Saturday, 28th January 2023
- Grand Final: Saturday, 4th February 2023
According to ESC Norge, we can expect the following artists to take part:
- Ulrikke (Norway, Eurovision 2020)
- Jowst (represented Norway at Eurovinson 2017 alongside Aleksander Walmann)
- Akuvi (“Melodi Grand Prix 2020”)
- Rasmus Thallaug played the piano for Farida (“Melodi Grand Prix 2022“)
- Sandra Lyng (Norwegian Idol 2004)
Cypriot singer Cynthia Verazie, who competed on “The Voice of Norway“, has submitted a song for the Polish selection
You can watch her live performance from “The Voice of Norway“:
The 20 songs for “Festival da Canção 2023” will be released on the 19th of January 2023.
The 12 songs from “Selecţia Naţională 2023″ were released:
- Deiona – Call on me
- Andrada Popa – No time for me
- Ocean Drive – Take you home
- AMIA – Puppet
- Andrei Duţu – Statues
- Theodor Andrei – D.G.T. (Off and on)
- Steven Roho x Gabriella x Formaţia Albatros – Lele
- Aledaida – Bla Bla Bla
- Adriana Moraru – Faralaes
- Maryliss – Hai Vino (Eng: Come On)
- JaxMan (Erin Dăneţ) – Bad&cool
- Andreea D Folclor Orchestra – Periniţa mea (Eng: My Little Girl)
Playlists are available on different digital platforms:
The final will be held on the 11th of February 2023. The results will be determined by a 100% public vote.
Suspline and Tvorchi have officially signed a contract in which they guarantee Tvorchi will represent Ukraine at Eurovision 2023