Earlier than expected, the BBC released the first photos of the Eurovision 2023 stage
- 450+ square metres of staging
- 220+ square metres of independently moving and turning video screens
- 1500+ metres of LED lights
- 700+ video tiles integrated into the floor
Julio Himede, the Set Designer for Liverpool 2023 has explanied the cocept
The architecture takes inspiration from a wide hug, opening its arms to Ukraine, the show’s performers and guests from across the world. I focused on the cultural aspects and similarities between Ukraine, the UK and specifically Liverpool. From music, dance and art to architecture and poetry.
It is our duty as designers to enhance performances through a compelling visual landscape, while capturing the heart and soul of the Eurovision Song Contest.
It’s so important to us that the delegations have the greatest possible space to work with. We wanted to give them a set that has lots of options for staging
Set Designer: Julio Himede
- Beauty and the Beast: A 30th Celebration
- MTV Video Music Awards (2018-2021)
- American Song Contest
- Grammy Awards
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Our Eurovision 2023 homepage