Sweden will select an artist and a song for Eurovision 2023 via “Melodifestivalen 2023“.
The selection will last for 6 Saturdays in a row: Starting this Saturday, the 4th of February 2023, and ending on the 11th of March 2023.
Heat 1 Snippets
You can listen to each one of the snippets by clicking on its name:
- Tone Sekelius – Rhythm Of My Show
- Loulou LaMotte – Inge Sorger
- Rejhan – Haunted
- Elov & Beny – Raggen Går
- Victor Crone – Diamonds
- Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos – Länge Leve Livet (Eng: Long Live Life)
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Arc North feat. Adam Woods – Where You Are (Sávečan)
Melodifestivalen 2023″ – Known Details
- “Melodifestivalen 2023” dates and locations are:
- Heat 1 – 4th of February 2023, will be held in Gothenburg.
- Heat 2 – 11th of February 2023, will be held in Linköping.
- Heat 3 – 18th of February 2023, will be held in Lidköping.
- Heat 4 – 25th of February 2023, will be held in Malmö.
- Semi-Final (Second Chance) – 4th of March 2023, will be held in Örnsköldsvik.
- The Grand Final – 11th of March 2023, will be held in Stockholm
- 28 songs will be part of the line-up, and 7 songs will be performed in each heat.
- 2 artists will qualify directly from each heat for the final
- The 8 artists who will end up in 3rd and 4th place in the heats will compete in the semi-final. 4 of them will qualify for the final.
- Therefore, 12 artists will compete in the final.
- The results in the grand final will be determined by a combination of a 50% public vote and 50% international jury.
- Jesper Rönndahl and Farah Abadi will host
Sweden will participate in the second half of Semi Final 1 on 9th May 2023 in the Eurovision Song Contest 2023.
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Our Eurovision 2023 homepage