As we continue our weekly series Around The Continent, we will discuss the news and tell the story of each country’s preparation for the Eurovision Song Contest 2023.
This Saturday, Croatia will hold its national selection – “Dora 2023“.
18 artists will take part in the selection:
- Top Of The Pops Ft. Mario 5reković – Putovanje
- Yogi – Love At First Sight
- Boris Štok – Grijeh (Eng: Sin)
- Tajana Belina – Dom
- Krešo I Kisele Kiše – Kme Kme
- Maja Grgić – I Still Live
- Barbara Munjas – Putem Snova (Eng: Through Dreams)
- Đana – Free Falin’
- Patricia Gasparini – I Will Wait
- The Splitters – Lost And Found
- Hana Mašić – Nesreća (Eng: Accident)
- Damir Kedžo – Angels And Demons
- Martha May – Distance
- Detour – Master Blaster
- Meri Andraković – Bye Bye Blonde
- Let 3 – Mama Šč!
- Eni Jurišić – Kreni Dalje (Eng: Go Further)
- Harmonija Disonance – Nevera (Lei,lei) (Eng: Infidelity)
The results will be based on a 50% public vote and a 50% public vote.
“ESCZ 2023″ ended, with VESNA as the winner.
They will perform the song “My Sister’s Crown“
The full results are:
Denmark will hold its national selection: “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2023” on Saturday
The running order will be:
- Frederik Leopold – Stuck On You
- Eyjaa – I Was Gonna Marry Him
- Micky Skeel – Glansbillede
- Maia Maia – Beautiful Bullshit
- Nicklas Sonne – Freedom
- Mariyah LeBerg – Human
- Søren Torpegaard Lund – Lige her
- Reiley – Breaking My Heart
You can read Doron‘s review here:
Kalush Orchestra were confirmed as special guests in the final
The results will be determined in 2 rounds:
- Round 1 – 8 songs will face a 100% public vote. The top 3 will advance to the super-final.
- Round 2 – The top 3 songs will face another vote, determined by 50% national jury and 50% public vote
Estonia will hold its national final “Eesti Laul 2023″ this Saturday:
12 artists will perform their songs in the following running order:
- Meelik – Tuju
- Inger – Awaiting You
- Janek – House Of Glass
- Elysa – Bad Philosophy
- M els – So Good At What You Do
- Bedwetters – Monsters
- Andreas – Why Do You Love Me?
- Alika – Bridges
- Anett x Fredi – You Need to Move On
- OLLIE – Venom
- MIA – Üks samm korraga (semi-final 1)
- Sissi – Lighthouse
Links to the digital platform playlist
The grand final will be held on Saturday, the 11th of February 2023
The first round of the final will be determined by a 50% public vote and a 50% international jury.
The top 3 artists will advance to the super-final, where the winner will be chosen by the public only.
You can read Doron‘s review in 2 parts:
France‘s song for Eurovision 2023 will be “Évidemment” (Eng: Obviously)
The song will be released on the 19th of February 2023
Last Saturday, German broadcaster ARD revealed the winner of the Tik-Tok wildcard:
Ikke Hüftgold – Lied mit gutem Text
Therefore, 9 artists will compete in the German selection “Unser Lied für Liverpool”:
- Will Church – Hold On
- Patty Gurdy – Melodies Of Hope
- TRONG – Dare To Be Different
- Lonely Spring – Misfit
- Anica Russo – Once Upon A Dream
- Lord Of The Lost – Blood And Glitter
- Frida Gold – Alle Frauen in mir sind müde
- René Miller – Concrete Heart
- Ikke Hüftgold – Lied mit gutem Text
The final will be held on Friday, the 3rd of March 2023.
The results will be determined by a 50% international jury, and a 50% public vote.
Israel will reportedly release Eurovision 2023 song “Unicorn” on the 8th of March 2023.
The song will be released during a special show for International Women’s Day.
The “Festival Di Sanremo 2023” week still continues.
28 artists are taking part in the festival:
- Anna Oxa – Sali (Canto dell’anima)
- Gianmaria – Mostro
- Mr. Rain – Supereroi
- Marco Mengoni – Due vite
- Ariete – Mare di guai
- Ultimo – Alba
- Coma_Cose – L’addio
- Elodie – Due
- Leo Gassmann – Terzo cuore
- Cugini di Campagna – Lettera 22
- Gianluca Grignani – Quando ti manca il fiato
- Olly – Polvere
- Colla Zio – Non mi va
- Mara Sattei – Duemilaminuti
- Will – Stupido
- Modà – Lasciami
- Sethu – Cause perse
- Articolo 31 – Un bel viaggio
- Lazza – Cenere
- Giorgia – Parole dette male
- Colapesce & Dimartino – Splash
- Shari – Egoista
- Madame – Il bene nel male
- Levante – Vivo
- Tananai – Tango
- Rosa Chemical – Made in Italy
- LDA – Se poi domani
- Paola & Chiara – Furore
- On the last 2 nights, the voting will be divided into three parts: 34% for the public voting, 33% for the professional jury, and 33% for the Demoscopic jury.
- 5 artists will qualify for the super-final. In the second round, the results will be determined by a combination of 34% for the public voting, 33% for the professional jury, and 33% for the Demoscopic jury.
This Saturday, Latvia will hold its national final “Supernova 2023“.
10 artists qualified for the final, and they will perform in the following running order:
- Alise Haijima – “Tricky”
- Luīze – “You To Hold Me”
- Raum – “Fake Love”
- Toms Kalderauskis – “When It All Falls”
- Artūrs Hatti – “Love Vibes”
- Patrisha – “Hush”
- Sudden Lights – “Aijā”
- 24. Avēnija – “You Said”
- Avéi – “Let Me Go”
- Markus Riva – “Forever”
Duncan Laurence will be a special guest
The results will be based on a 50% jury vote and a 50% public vote.
You can read Doron‘s review here:
Last Saturday, Lithuania held the first semi-final of “Pabandom iš naujo! 2023“. 10 artists performed their song, 5 of them qualified.
The qualifeirs are:
- Rūta MUR – So Low
- Petunija – Love of my life
- Il Senso – Sparnai
- Gabrielius Vagelis – Šauksmas
- Justė Kraujelytė – Need More Fun
This Saturday, an additional 10 artists will compete for 5 spots in the final:
- Paulina Paukštaitytė – Let Me Think About Me
- Agnė – New Start
- Matt Len – Midnight Train
- Luknė – Paradise
- Monika Linkytė – Stay
- Gebrasy – Saw Your Ghost
- Moon Bee – Rumor
- Beatrich – Like a Movie
- Mario Junes – Do What You Do
- Antikvariniai Kašpirovskio dantys – Sėdi ir važiuoji
Playlists can be found here:
The results will be based on a 50% public vote and a 50% jury voting.
This time, one of the jury panel members will be Duncan Laurence
Malta will hold its national final “MESC 2023” tonight.
16 artists qualified for the final:
- Matt Blxck – UP.
- Chris Grech – Indescribable
- Ian – On My Own
- Stefan – Heartbreaker
- Giada – I depend on you.
- Nathan – Creeping Walls
- Maxine Pace – Alone
- Brooke – Checkmate
- Ryan Hili – In the Silence
- Christian Arding – Eku Ċar
- Eliana Gomez Blanco – Guess what
- Fabizio Faniello – Try To Be Better
- The Busker – Dance (Our Own Party)
- Geo DeBono – The Mirror
- Dan – It’ll Be Ok
- Cheryl Balzan – La La Land
Tonight, they will perform again. The results will be based on a 50% public vote and a 50% national jury vote.
“Etapa Naţională 2023″ will be held on the the 4th of March 2023.
The running order will be:
- Donia – Red Zone
- OL – Why You Play It Cool
- Victor Gulic – Let’s Dance
- Surorile Osoianu – Bade, bădişor, bădiţă
- COSMINA – Indestructible
- NÖRDIKA – Damn and Down
- Aliona Moon – Du-mă
- Sunstroke Project – Yummy Mommy
- Pasha Parfeni – Soarele şi luna
- Corina Ivanov – When Love’s Real
You can find the playlists here:
The results in the grand final will be determined by a combination of a 50% public vote and a 50% jury voting
As we’ve reported on the 1st of November 2022, Mia Nicolai & Dion Cooper will represent The Netherlands at Eurovision 2023.
Their song will be “Chasing Highs“.
The 4 creators behind the song are: Duncan Laurence, Mia Nicolai, Dion Cooper and Jordan Garfield.
It seems like the song will be released on the 2nd or 9th of March 2023.
Last Saturday, Alessandra Mele won “Melodi Grand Prix 2023“.
She will perform “Queen of Kings” at Eurovision 2023.
Alessandra won both the international jury and the public vote.
The extended deadline for “Tu bije serce Europy 2023″ (the Polish selection) was closed on the 10th of February 2023.
The official list of participants will be revealed soon, as the final will be held on Sunday, the 26th of February 2023.
So far, the list of artists who have applied for the selection are (based on eurowizja) :
- Adrian Makar
- AdriatiQ – Headspace
- Agnieszka Wiechnik – Nieidealna
- Ania Serafińska
- Anna Cyzon – Death of an artist
- Blanka – Solo
- BÓSTWO – Małgosia i Jaś
- Cynthia Zietara Verazie – Dancing with the shadows
- Dagga – Przepis na niebo
- DaNN (Daniel Borzewski) – Wake up
- Dominik Dudek – Be good
- Dominika Kwiatkowska – Kolo
- Felivers – Paradoks
- Filip Sterniuk – Let me know
- Gabor – Chcemy być sobą
- Iwona Węgrowska
- Janek Traczyk – Stay awake
- Jann – Gladiator
- Juli Chan – Relapse
- Justyna Dobroć
- Karol Dziedzic
- Karolina Lizer
- Krystian Koronka – LION
- Kuba Szmajkowski
- Lidia Kopania
- Lor – Trafalgar Square
- Maja Hyży – Never hide
- Maja Kapłon i Pyotr Radzio – Seven clouds
- Marcin Szczurski – Dobry Start
- Monika Urlik
- Natalia Moskal – Sole ad est
- Natalia Sikora – Fiery angel
- Natasza Urbańska – Lift you up
- Ola Kędra – Jeszcze raz
- PACT 4 PEACE – Mriya
- Patrick Silvar – Fuse
- Paula Biskup – Terapia
- Ramona Rey – Kocham
- Raro – Domino
- Spleenn – Frozen Flower
- Stashka – Wspólny cel
- Wiktor Zwierzyński – Zgaś
- Zazula – Kołomyja
Romania will select an artist and a song for Eurovision 2023 tonight.
12 artists will compete in “Selecţia Naţională 2023“:
- Deiona – Call on me
- Andrada Popa – No time for me
- Ocean Drive – Take you home
- Amia – Puppet
- Andrei Duțu – Statues
- Theodor Andrei – D.G.T. (Off and on)
- Steven Roho, Gabriella & Formaţia Albatros – Lele
- Aledaida – Bla Bla Bla
- Adriana Moraru – Faralaes
- Maryliss – Hai Vino
- JaxMan (Erin Dăneţ) – Bad & cool
- Andreea D Folclor Orchestra – Periniţa mea
You can read Doron‘s review here
Joker Out released their song for Eurovision 2023 – “Carpe Diem”:
Last Saturday, Blanca Paloma won “Benidorm Fest 2023” with the song “Eaea”
This is what the scoreboard looked like:
Sweden will hold the 2nd heat of “Melodifestivalen 2023” tonight with 7 artists:
- Wiktoria – “All My Life” (Where Have You Been) [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Eden – “Comfortable” [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Uje Brandelius – “Grytan” (Eng: Stew) [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Panetoz – “On My Way” [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Tennessee Tears – “Now I Know” [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Maria Sur – “Never Give Up” [audio snippet] [video snippet]
- Theoz – “Mer Av Dig” [audio snippet] [video snippet]
The first 2 places will get a direct path for the final, while the 3rd and 4th places will get another chance in the semi-final.
Last week’s results are:
- Jon Henrik Fjällgren, Arc North feat. Adam Woods – Where You Are (Sávečan)
- Tone Sekelius – Rhythm Of My Show
- Victor Crone – Diamonds
- Elov & Beny – Raggen Går
- Rejhan – Haunted
- Loulou LaMotte – Inga Sorger
- Eva Rydberg & Ewa Roos – Länge Leve Livet
We will still have to wait before we get to know who will represent the UK at Eurovision 2023.
According to the mentioned source, there are 4 potential artists to represent the UK in Liverpool.
Some of them are quite established and have already made a great career.
The rumors suggest the following names:
- Grace Carter
- Ellie Goulding
- Molly Rainford
- Leigh-Anne Pinnock (member of Little Mix)
- Atomic Kitten
- Rina Sawayama
- Mimi Webb