According to Nicolas Tanner (“Echoes of the Eurosong”), we learned that the Swiss artist and song for Eurovision 2023 will be revealed on the 7th of March 2023.
Since 2019, Switzerland has chosen the song for Eurovision via internal selection.
The selection process was managed by the general Swiss broadcaster, SRG-SSR, and later on with the involvement of the the different regional broadcasters: RSI (Italian speaking community), RTR (Romansh speaking community), RTS (French speaking community) and SRF (German speaking community).
Eurovision 2023 Selection Process – Known Details
- Around 500 songs were submitted for Eurovision 2023.
- Music experts from different Swiss TV stations evaluated the songs and reduced the list ot 50 songs.
- 2 jury panels evaluated the songs:
- A panel consisting of 100 people from the Swiss public
- The second one consists of international music experts who were involved in Eurovision as participants, composers, Eurovision jury or national seletcion jury.
- These 2 panels, each one with a eaight of 50% of the final decision, picked 6 songs of this list.
- 6 songs were reworked and then performed live in SF studios.
- The 2 mentioned panels reduced the list to 2 songs only.
- After some studio improvement and sharpening of the production, the 2 final songs faced another round of voting by the 2 panels.
Will Switzerland qualify for the final for the 4th time in a row?
Will we get a band or a female singer, after 3 male solo artists represented their country?
Switzerland will compete in the second half of semi-final 1 at Eurovision 2023.
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Our Eurovision 2023 homepage