Andrew Lambrou was internally selected to represent Cyprus at Eurovision 2023.
Initially, the song was supposed to be released in January – February 2023.
However, due to unknown reasons (might be related to improvements in the studio), the release date was postponed.
Following an interview Andrew gave to the Greek media (INFE Greece), we can reveal: The Cypriot song for Eurovision 2023 will be released on Thursday, the 2nd of March 2023
Andrew Lambrou spent the last few days in Athens, Greece. There, the official video clip was filmed.
According to unofficial sources, the song will be named “Break a Broken Heart”
Behind the songs are songwriters and producers from Sweden, like Jimmy Jansson, Thomas Stengaard, Marcus Winther John and Jimmy Joker.
The song will probably be a mid-tempo pop.
Thomas Stengaard is an experienced Eurovision songwriter. You can find the following songs under his name:
- “Only Teardrops” (Denmark, Eurovision 2013)
- “You Let Me Walk Alone” (Germany, Eurovision 2018)
- “El Diablo” (Cyprus, Eurovision 2021)
- “Andernalina” (San Marino, Eurovision 2021)
Jimmy Jansson is a Swedish singer-songwriter who competed in “Melodifestivalen” in the years 2005 and 2007.
In addition, he co-wrote several songs for different national selections like: “Melodifestivalen”, “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix”, “EMA”, “Beovizija” and “Benidorm Fest”.
Among his latest contributions, you can find:
- “Yes” (Denmark, Eurovision 2020)
- “Tattoo” (Loreen, “Melodifestivalen 2023”)
- “On My Way” (Panetoz, “Melodifestivalen 2023”)
- “One Day” (Mariette, “Melodifestivalen 2023”)
- “In The Middle” (The Mamas, “Melodifestivalen 2021”)
Cyprus will compete in the first half of semi-final 2 at Eurovision 2023.
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Our Eurovision 2023 homepage