More than 1000 submissions were sent to “Una Voce Per San Marino 2023“
After multiple casting days, where musicians from around the world came to showcase their willingness to represent the tiny country, the list of potential artists was reduced.
Auditions and casting were held for several periods, starting in October 2022 and ending in the last few days.
“Una Voce Per San Marino 2023” shows will be held this week:
- Semi-Final 1 – Monday, the 20th of February 2023
- Semi-Final 2 – Tuesday, the 21st of February 2023
- Semi-Final 3 – Wednesday, the 22nd of February 2023
- Semi-Final 4 – Thursday, the 23rd of February 2023
- Semi-Final 5 (second chance) – Friday, the 24th of February 2023
- Grand Final – Saturday, the 25th of February 2023
“Una Voce Per San Marino 2023” – Format
- A total of 106 artists will participate in the semi-finals!
- In the first 3 semi-finals, the participants will be international artists (meaning the ones who don’t live in San Marino). 4 artists will qualify directly for the final, and an additional 4 artists will have to try their luck in the “second chance“.
- Semi-Final 4 will be dedicated to artists from San Marino. 2 artists will qualify directly for the final, and 4 artists will advance to the second chance round.
- Semi-Final 5 will be the “Second Chance”. 16 artists will compete for 8 spots in the final.
- Therefore, 22 artists will compete in the final.
- The results of each round will be determined by a jury panel of 5 members.
- Some established artists will participate in the selection. However, they will have to compete in the semi-finals. In contrast to last year, where 10 established artists received a direct path to the final.
The host of the semi-finals will be Ilenia De Seine:
Last year, Italian singer Achille Lauro won “Una Voce Per San Marino 2022” with the song “Stripper“. He didn’t manage to qualify for the final.
San Marino will compete in the second half of semi-final 2.
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Our Eurovision 2023 homepage