Iceland will hold its national final “Söngvakeppnin 2023” on Saturday, the 4th of March 2023.
In the last 2 weeks, Icelandic broadcaster RÚV held the 2 semi-finals of “Söngvakeppnin 2023“, where 10 artists performed. 5 of these artists qualified for the final.
RÚV has revealed the running order for the final. The artists will perform in the following order:
- Sigga Ózk – Dancing Lonely
- Bragi – Sometimes the World’s Against Us
- Celebs – Dómsdags dans / Doomsday Dancing
- Diljá –Power
- Langi Seli og Skuggarnir – OK
You can watch all of their live performances here:
Playlists can be found here:
According to the regulations of “Söngvakeppnin“, the songs must be performed in the Icelandic language in the semi-final.
However, in the final, each artist is free to choose the language to perform in, as long as it will be kept for Eurovision.
This year, 9 of 10 artists had 2 versions (Icelandic and English), and only Langi Seli og Skuggarnir had one version only.
In the final, 4 of the artists will perform in English (Sigga Ózk, Bragi,Celebs and Diljá).
The results will be determined in 2 rounds:
- Round 1 – Based on a 50% international jury vote and a 50% public vote.
- Round 2 – Top 2 artists will qualify for the “Super-final”. The results will be based on the public vote.
You can read Doron‘s review of the songs here:
Iceland will compete in the first half of semi-final 2 at Eurovision 2023.
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Our Eurovision 2023 homepage