On the 30th of January 2023, Greek broadcaster ERT has stated that Victor Vernikos is the country’s representative for Eurovision 2023.
The 16 year-old singer-songwriter was chosen among 106 songs submitted to ERT.
Victor Vernikos will perform his self-panned song “What They Say“.
His song is an emotional ballad.
The singer-songwriter also has Danish roots.
You can listen the song and watch the video clip here:
Konstantinos Rigos will be the director of live performance in Liverpool.
He has already functionated as Greece’s art director for Eurovision 2011-2012 entries.
Greece’s Internal Selection for Eurovision 2023
In the first phase, a professional committee listened to the songs and shortlisted 7 of them:
- Victor Vernicos – What They Say
- Antonia Kaouri & Maria Maragkou – Shout Out!
- Melissa Mantzoukis – Liar
- Leon of Athens – Somewhere to Go
- Konstantina Iosifidou – We are Young
- Klavdia – Holy Water
- Monika – I’m Proud
A total of 70 people from the public were chosen, with the following composition:
- 25 people from the age of 18-25 years old
- 20 people from the age of 26-35 years old
- 15 people from the age of 36-45 years old
- 10 people from the age of 46+ years old
They functioned as an additional jury panel.
The Greek entry for Eurovision 2023 was chosen by a combination of 50.6% for the dermoscopic jury and 49.4% for the professional jury (composed of 7 members).
Greece will compete in the first half of semi-final 2 at Eurovision 2023.
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Our Eurovision 2023 homepage