Albanian broadcaster RTSH has confirmed Eurovision 2024 participation on the 30th of August 2023.
Traditionally, Albania chooses an artist and a song for Eurovision via the traditional musical festival “Festivali i Këngës”. This year will mark the 62nd edition of the festival.
Last year, the Eurovision entrant was solely selected by the public for the first time.
Following the close of the submission window, more than 80 songs were submitted to “Festivali i Këngës 62”.
RTSH received songs mainly from Albania, but also from: Kosovo, North Macedonia, USA, Sweden, Germany, and Italy.
RTSH informed the artists whose songs successfully passed the regulation gate.
During the upcoming week, a professional committee will reduce the list of songs to 27 songs only.
Thereafter, the names of artists and their songs will be revealed.
Now we also have the dates. This year, the festival will last 4 days: Starting on Tuesday the 19th of December 2023, and ending on Friday, the 22nd of December 2023
Festivali i Këngës 62 Known Details
- Arbana Osmani will host the festival once again.
- The festival will be held between 19th and 22nd of December 2023
- Boiken Lako will be the artistic director of “Festivali i Këngës 62”.
- 27 artists will compete in the festival: 13 established artists (who have competed in the festival before) and 14 rising stars.
- It is possible that some of the new artists will be eliminated before the final show.
- In contrast to last year, the winner of the festival will be chosen by a 50% public vote and a 50% national jury vote.
- The submissions for “Festivali i Këngës 62″ closed on October 10th:
Albina & Familja Kelmendi represented Albania at Eurovision 2023.
They performed the song “Duje” and ended up 22nd in the final with a total of 76 points:
Who would you like to see representing Albania at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-finals will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official