Albanian broadcaster RTSH has confirmed Eurovision 2024 participation on the 30th of August 2023.
Traditionally, Albania chooses an artist and a song for Eurovision via the traditional musical festival “Festivali i Këngës”. This year will mark the 62nd edition of the festival.
Last year, the Eurovision entrant was solely selected by the public for the first time.
List of 31 acts for the 62nd edition of the festival:
- Besa Krasniqi – Esenciale (Eng: Essential)
- Eldis Arrnjeti – Një Kujtim (Eng: A memory)
- Elsa Lila – Mars (Eng: March)
- Erina and the Elementals – Jetën n’Skaj (Eng: Lifr on the Edge)
- Jasmin Ahako – Ti (Eng: You)
- Jehona Ponari – Evol
- Olimpia Smajlaj – Asaj (Eng: her)
- Sergio Hajdini – Uragan (Eng: Hurricane)
- Shpat Deda – S’mund t’jetoj pa ty (Eng: I can’t live without you)
- Tiri Gjoci – Në Ëndërr (Eng: In a dream)
- Martin Aserreqi – Vetëm Ty (Eng: Only You)
- Big Basta Zone & Vesa Luma – Mbinatyrale (Eng: Supernatural)
- Festina Mejzini – Melos
- Mal Retkoceri – Çmendur (Eng: Crazy)
- Michela Paluca – Për Veten (Eng: For Yourself)
- Santino De Bartolo – Dua të rri me ty (Eng: I want to be with you)
- Stivi Ushe – Askush si ty (Eng: No one Like You)
- Kleansa Susaj – Pikturë (Eng: painting)
- Kejsi Tola – Vallëzoj me Dritën (Eng: I dance with the light)
- Kasto Zizo – 2073
- Anduel Kovaci – Nan’
- Arsi bako – Zgjohu (Eng: Wake Up)
- Besa Kokëdhima – Zemrën n’Dorë (Eng: Heart in Hand)
- Bledi Kaso – Çdo gjë mbaroi (Eng: everything is Over)
- Melodajn Mancaku – Nuk jemi ne (Eng: It Isn’t Us)
- Troy Band – Horizonti i Ëndrrave (Eng: Dream Horizon)
- Samanta Karavella – N’Majë (Eng: At the Top)
- Olsi Ballta – Unë (Eng: I)
- Luan Durmishi- Përsëritja (Eng: Repetition)
- Sardi Strugaj – Boshatisur (Eng: Empty)
- Andi Tanko – Herë pas here (Eng: Occasionally)
Among the names we can find:
Kejsi Tola who represented Albania at Eurovision 2009
Elsa Lila, who won the festival last year (but didn’t win the televote)
Sardi Strugaj, Festina Mejzini, Olimpia Smajlaj, Tiri Gjoci, Eldis Arrnjeti , Kasto Zizo and others took part in the festival in the past
More than 80 songs were submitted to “Festivali i Këngës 62”.
RTSH received songs mainly from Albania, but also from: Kosovo, North Macedonia, USA, Sweden, Germany, and Italy.
A list of 27 songs were shortlisted:
This year, the festival will last 4 days: Starting on Tuesday the 19th of December 2023, and ending on Friday, the 22nd of December 2023
Festivali i Këngës 62 Known Details
- Arbana Osmani will host the festival once again.
- The festival will be held between 19th and 22nd of December 2023
- Boiken Lako will be the artistic director of “Festivali i Këngës 62”.
- 31 artists will compete in the festival: 17 established artists (who have competed in the festival before) and 14 rising stars.
- It is possible that some of the new artists will be eliminated before the final show.
- In contrast to last year, the winner of the festival will be chosen by a 50% public vote and a 50% national jury vote.
- The submissions for “Festivali i Këngës 62″ closed on October 10th:
Albina & Familja Kelmendi represented Albania at Eurovision 2023.
They performed the song “Duje” and ended up 22nd in the final with a total of 76 points:
Who would you like to see representing Albania at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-finals will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official