On the 17th of July, Lithuania confirmed participation at Eurovision 2024.
Now we also have the details about the selection process for Eurovision 2024.
Lithuania will use national selection, however “Pabandom iš naujo!” won’t continue for the 5th edition.
Eurovizija.LT – Lithuanian Selection For Eurovision 2024
The country announced a national selection with the following details:
- The submission window has already opened and will close on the 11th of December 2023.
- Each performer can only submit one song
- A performer must be a citizen of Lithuania.
- Submitting a song written or composed by foreign writers/composers will be allowed.
- LRT will allocate a budget of 1,500 euros to each shortlisted artist. This budget will be used to create the staging of the song.
- Up to 20 songs will be shortlisted (by the professional committee) to participate in the semi-finals. The shortlisted songs will be chosen by the 18th of December 2023.
- The national selection will include 4-5 semi-finals and a grand final.
- The first semi-final will probably be held on Saturday, the 13th of January 2024. The final will be held on the 10th or the 17th of Februrary 2024.
- The results of the shows will be determined by a combination of jury and public vote
- However, the grand final will include a “Super-Final” round, where the top 3 artists will compete for the 1st place. This round will be solely determined by the public.
- The number of finalists will be determined, based on the number of applicants.
Monika Linkytė represented Lithuania at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Stay”.
She ended up in 11th place in the final, with a total of 127 points
Who would you like to see representing Lithuania at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-final will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official