For the 3rd year in a row, Serbia will use “Pesma za Evroviziju” as the selection process for Eurovision.
The submission window opened on the 1st of August 2023, and was meant to close on the 1st of November 2023.
However, Serbian broadcaster RTS chose to extend the submission window.
Now it has been decided that interested performers, writers and composers will be able to submit their entries by the 10th of November 2023
RTS released a statement, where they related to extension of the submission window:
“Pesma za Evroviziju 2024” will aim to develop and improve musical creativity in the field of popular music, as well as selecting a representative who is able to represent the country on an international stage
It is a welcome opportunity for both artists and songwriters to improve their work and to show off their skills on a big stage. Both newcomers and experienced musicians are encouraged to join in and add to Serbia’s lively music scene.
“Pesma za Evroviziju 2024”
- The submission window opened on August 1st, 2023 and will close on November 10th, 2023.
- Traditionally, the Serbian selection includes 2 semi-finals and a final.
- A commission made up of music editors of RTS will shortlist the songs, based solely on their artistic quality. If no song meets the required musical quality, RTS has the right to independently choose the composition.
- Submission will be sent only via this link
- There are no restrictions regarding the language of the song
Luke Black represented Serbia at Eurovision 2023 with the “Samo Mi Se Spava“.
He ended up in 24th place with a total of 30 points.
Who would you like to see representing Serbia at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-finals will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11th of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official