215 songs were submitted to “Eesti Laul 2024“.
A jury panel, consisting of 41 members, listened to the songs and chose 20 of them to participate in the “Eesti Laul 2024”.
Estonian broadcaster ERR revealed the list of 41 jury members:
“Eesti Laul 2024” – Semi-Finalists
- Ollie – My Friend
- Sofia Rubina – Be Good
- Ewert and the 2 Dragons – Hold Me Now
- Multikas, Ewert Sundja – Oblivion
- Anet Vaikmaa – Serotoniin
- 5MIINUST x Groupup – (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi (Eng: We (do) know nothing about (these) drugs)
- Yonna – I Don’t Know About You
- Silver Jusilo – Lately
- Inga – No Dog On a Leash
- Peter Põder – Korra Veel (Eng: One More Time)
- Antsud – Vetevaim (Eng: Water Spirit)
- Cecilia – FOMO
- Traffic – Wunderbar
- Ingmar – Dreaming
- Laura – Here’s Where I Draw The Line
About The Semi-Finalists
Laura Põldvere is one of the well-known Estonian singers.
She represented Estonia at Eurovision 2005 (as part of SunTribe) and in Eurovision 2017 (alongside Koit Toome).
She also participated in the Estonian national selection for Eurovision in the years 2005, 2007, 2009, 2016, 2017, and 2020.
In 2021, she took part in the Finnish selection for Eurovision – “UMK 2021″.
Ollie was one of the fan favorites in “Eesti Laul 2023”.
He performed “Venom” and ended as the runner-up last year:
Inga competed several times in “Eesti Laul”, for example in 2019, and 2020
In 2022, he tried his luck in “Eesti Laul” for the first time:
The band participated in the Estonian selection 6 times: in the years 2008, 2009, 2012, 2014, 2020, and 2022.
Sofia is well known for her soulful vocals. She took part in “Eesti Laul 2019” with the song “Deep Water”
Peter Põder participated in “Eesti Laul 2022″ with the song “Koos Lõpuni” (Eng: Together Until The End)
The folk band participated in “Eesti Laul 2017“, where they were eliminated in semi-final 2 with the song “Vihm” (Eng: The Rain):
The singer participated in “Eesti Laul 2019″ under her real name Johanna Eendra. Back then, she performed the song “Miks sa teed nii?” (Eng: Why Are You Doing This)
Ewert Sundja participated in the Estonian selection for Eurovision 2004 with the song “Dance”:
5 Automatic qualifiers will be revealed tomorrow!!
“Eesti Laul 2024” – Known Details
- Grete Kuld and Tõnis Niinemets will host the shows
- This year, we will only have 2 shows only:
- The Semi-Final will be held in Tartu on Saturday, the 20th of January 2024.
- The Grand Final will be held in Talinn on Saturday, the 17th of February 2024
- A total of 20 songs will be shortlisted to participate in “Eesti Laul 2024″. 15 of them will compete in the semi-final, while additional 5 will automatically qualify for the final.
- In the semi-final, 15 songs will compete for 5 spots in the final. The semi-final results will be determined by a combination of national jury and public votes.
- In the final, 10 songs will compete. The results will be determined in 2 rounds:
- Round 1 – Based on a 50% international jury and a 50% public vote. Top 3 songs will qualify for the super-final
- Round 2 – Suprerfinal: The winner will be determined by 100% public vote.
- The list of 20 shortlisted artists will be revealed on the 6th and 7th November 2023.
- The “Eesti Laul 2024″ songs will be released on Friday, 8th of December 2023
Alika Milova represented Estonia at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Bridges“.
She ended up in 8th place (combined with the jury vote) with a total of 168 points:
Who would you like to see representing Estonia at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-finals will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11th of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official