215 songs were submitted to “Eesti Laul 2024“.
A jury panel, consisting of 41 members, listened to the songs and chose 20 of them to participate in the “Eesti Laul 2024”.
Estonian broadcaster ERR revealed the list of 41 jury members:
“Eesti Laul 2024” – Pre-Qualified Finalists
The jury panel selected 5 songs to get a direct path to the final.
These 5 artists won’t have to compete in the semi-final:
- Brother Apollo – Bad Boy
- Carlos Ukareda – Never Growing Up
- Daniel Levi – Over The Moon
- Nele-Liis Vaiksoo – “Käte ümber jää” (Eng: Hands Around Ice)
- Uudo Sepp & Sarah Murray – Still Love
They will be joined by 15 semi-finalists who were revealed yesterday:
“Eesti Laul 2024” – Semi-Finalists
- Ollie – My Friend
- Sofia Rubina – Be Good
- Ewert and the 2 Dragons – Hold Me Now
- Multikas, Ewert Sundja – Oblivion
- Anet Vaikmaa – Serotoniin
- 5MIINUST x Groupup – (nendest) narkootikumidest ei tea me (küll) midagi (Eng: We (do) know nothing about (these) drugs)
- Yonna – I Don’t Know About You
- Silver Jusilo – Lately
- Inga – No Dog On a Leash
- Peter Põder – Korra Veel (Eng: One More Time)
- Antsud – Vetevaim (Eng: Water Spirit)
- Cecilia – FOMO
- Traffic – Wunderbar
- Ingmar – Dreaming
- Laura – Here’s Where I Draw The Line
About the Pre-Qualified Finalists
Carlos participated in “Eesti Laul 2023″ with “Whiskey Won’t Forget”.
Back then, he finished 8th in semi-final 2:
In 2015, Daniel participated in “Eesti Laul 2015” with the song “Burning Lights” and ended in the 2nd place. In 2017, he competed with “All I Need” and was eliminated in the 2nd semi-final.
One of the writers of his song is Victor Crone (Estonia, Eurovison 2019)
Uudo competed in “Eesti Laul 2020” with “I’m Sorry. I Messed Up”.
He finished in 10th place in the final:
“Eesti Laul 2024” – Known Details
- Grete Kuld and Tõnis Niinemets will host the shows
- This year, we will only have 2 shows only:
- The Semi-Final will be held in Tartu on Saturday, the 20th of January 2024.
- The Grand Final will be held in Talinn on Saturday, the 17th of February 2024
- A total of 20 songs will be shortlisted to participate in “Eesti Laul 2024″. 15 of them will compete in the semi-final, while additional 5 will automatically qualify for the final.
- In the semi-final, 15 songs will compete for 5 spots in the final. The semi-final results will be determined by a combination of national jury and public votes.
- In the final, 10 songs will compete. The results will be determined in 2 rounds:
- Round 1 – Based on a 50% international jury and a 50% public vote. Top 3 songs will qualify for the super-final
- Round 2 – Suprerfinal: The winner will be determined by 100% public vote.
- The “Eesti Laul 2024″ songs will be released on Friday, 8th of December 2023
Alika Milova represented Estonia at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Bridges“.
She ended up in 8th place (combined with the jury vote) with a total of 168 points:
Who would you like to see representing Estonia at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-finals will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11th of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official