LRT (The Lithuanian national broadcster) published today information about their plans for Eurovision 2021.
As we all remember, in 2020 Lithuania has refreshed the format of the national selection for Eurovision. The name was replaced from “Eurovizijos dainų konkurso nacionalinė atranka” to
“pabandom iš naujo!” (Eng: “Let’s try again!”).
The winners of the national selection were “The Roop” with the unforgettable song “On Fire“
Earlier this year, Lithuania confirmed their participation in Eurovision 2021. However, the broadcaster decided to hold a national selection, instead of selecting internally the winner of the national selection for Eurovision 2020.
Now we are coming up with some details about “pabandom iš naujo! 2021″:
1. “The Roop” will get a direct path for the final if they decide to participate again
2. The submission window for the national final of 2021 has opened today and will be closed on the 14th of December 2020.
3. The national selection will include no more than 6 shows (just like in 2020 and in contrast to 2015-2019).
4. The amount of competing acts will be decided according to the quality of the submitted entries. The amount of acts may reduce the amount of shows.
5. Songs can be submitted in English or Lithuanian.
6. The selected artists will be reveled on the 16th of January 2021.
7. Only citizens of the Republic of Lithuania may participate in the competition
8. One participant may participate in the Competition only with one song (this rule also applies if one song of the Tenderer is performed
Who will carry the flag for Lithuania at Eurovision 2021?
Will “The Roop” success to bring another hit to conquer the public?
Stay tuned for all the news about Eurovision 2021. You can find all the relevant information at out Eurovision 2021 homepage: