This evening, we will be able to watch the first show (with original songs) of the Eurovision 2022 season.
Estonia will kick off the first quarter-final of “Eesti Laul 2022“.
- In each quarter-final, 10 artists will compete for 5 spots in the semi-finals.In the quarter-finals.
- we will watch video-clips instead of live performances
- Today’s competing acts by running order are:
- Traffic – Kaua Veel (Eng: Much More)
- Jaagup Tuisk – Kui Vaid (Eng: If Only)
- Kéa- Everytime
- Fiona and me- Feel like This
- Peter Põder- Koos Lõpuni (Eng: Together until the end)
- Stig – Interstellar
- Maian – Meeletu (Eng: Crazy)
- Little Mess- Hea Paëv (Eng: Good Day)
- Boamadu- Mitte kauaks (Eng: Not For Long)
- Evelin Samuel – Waterfall
When: 20:35 CET to 21:35 CET
Where can we watch the show? On the ERR website in the following link
Results: 5 songs will qualify for the semi-finals. 3 of them will be chosen by public vote, while 2 others will be selected by a national jury. The results will be announced at the end of the show.
Hosts: The 2 hosts of the first quarter-final will be Tanel Padar and Eda-Ines Etti.
Tanel was part of the duo that won Eurovision 2001 for Estonia, while Ines represented Estonia at Eurovision 2000.
About the Selection Process
- This year, “Eesti Laul” will have 4 quarter-finals, 2 semi-finals, and a grand final.
- Out of 202 songs, 40 songs were shortlisted for the quarter-finals.
- The initial plan is to build a line-up of 20 songs in Estonian and 20 songs in other languages.
- A jury panel of 17 music experts ranked the songs without knowing who the singers, composers and lyricists were behind them.
- 10 songs will be included in each quarter-final. 5 of them will qualify for the semi-finals: 3 will be chosen by the public and 2 others by the jury.
- In the quarter-finals, songs won’t be performed live. We will watch the video clips of each one of them.
- As always, the semi-finals will have 2 rounds, where in the first round winners (jury votes and TV viewer’s phone votes combined) will qualify for the grand final and 2nd round decided by the public vote.
- Each semi-final will include 10 songs and only 5 of them will qualify.
- In the grand final, the 10 competing songs will face 2 rounds vote. The first round will be determined by 50% public vote and 50% jury voting.
- 3 artists will qualify for the “Superfinal,” which will only be determined by a public vote.
- A total of 202 songs were submitted
- 84 songs are in Estonian, while the other 118 songs are in foreign languages: English, French, Italian, Spanish and a fictional language.
- 7 of the artists have already represented Estonia in the past.
- Some of the song writers are well known Estonian musicians, composers and lyricists
- The dates of the shows are:
- Quarterfinal 1:November 20th 2021
- Quarterfinal 2:November 27th 2021
- Quarterfinal 3:December 4th 2021
- Quarterfinal 4:December 11th 2021
- Semi Final 1: 3rd February 2022
- Semi Final 2: 5th February 2022
- Grand Final: 12th of February 2022
Who will qualify for the semi-finals?
What will be the differences between the public vote and jury vote?
Which song are you most excited about?