As we continue our weekly series Around The Continent, we will discuss the news and tell the story of each country’s preparation for Eurovision Song Contest 2022.
The hosts of Eurovision 2022 have officially revealed: Laura Pausini, Alessandro Cattelan and Mika
The line-up for “Australia Decdies 2022” has been completed. Some of the songs have already been released – you can listen to them by clicking on their title
- Andrew Lambrou – Electrify
- Charley – ?
- G-Nat!on – ?
- Isaiah Firebrace Feat. Evie Irie – When I’m With You
- Jaguar Jonze – Little Fires
- Jude York – I Won’t Need to Dream
- Paulini – We Are One
- Seann Miley Moore – My Body
- Sheldon Riley – Not the Same
- Voyager – Dreamer
- Erica Padilla – ? [TikTok Wildcard]
Next week, Austria will reveal its Eurovision 2022 representative
According to Eberhard Forcher, the Eurovision project manager, the artists that have submitted an entry to ORF are: ANGER, LUM!X , Deladap, Sladek, Christl, Gary Lux, Teodora Spirić, Max the Sax, Freude, MIBLU, Visions of Atlantis, Benny König, Popmaché, Rian, Diego Federico, Rydell, Candlelight Ficus, Selina Maria, Fred Owusu, Der traurige, Poxrucker Sisters, Matthias Nebel, Serenity, Gärtner,
Last week, we reported that the final 2 options for Austria at Eurovision 2022 are:
- LUM!X Feat. (Feat. Victoria Swarovski – ?)
According to Azeri media, one of the potential names to represent Azerbaijan at Eurovision 2022 is Leyla Izzatova
Next Thursday, the 10th of February 2022, HRT will release the 14 competing songs in “Dora 2022“
- Mila Elegović – “Ljubav” (Eng: Love)
- Mia Negovetić – “Forgive Me (Oprosti)”
- Marko Bošnjak – “Moli za nas” (Eng: Pray for us)
- Jessa – “My Next Mistake”
- Zdenka Kovačiček – “Stay on the Bright Side”
- Tina Vukov – “Hideout”
- Roko Vušković – “Malo kasnije” (Eng: A little later)
- Bernarda – “Here for Love”
- Erik Vidović – “I Found You”
- ToMa – “In the Darkness”
- Elis Lovrić – “No War”
- Ella Orešković – “If You Go Away”
- Tia – “Voli me do neba” (Eng: Love me to heaven).
- Mia Dimšić – “Guilty Pleasure”
“Dora 2022” will be held on the 19th of February and due to the Covid restrictions, no audience will be allowed.
The results will be determined by 50% public and 50% national jury.
The national jury will be composed of 10 different regional jury panels. Each regional panel will consist of 3 members.
The 10 different regions are: Zagreb, Rijeka, Split, Zadar, Vukovar, Osijek, Knin and Šibenik, Čakovec and Varaždin, Pula, and Dubrovnik.
In the case of a tie, the public vote will determine the winner.
8 artists and their songs for the “Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2022” will be revealed on
Next Thursday, the 10th of February 2022.
Last Saturday, Estonia held its first semi-final in “Eesti Laul 2022“.
The 5 qualifiers are:
- Andrei Zevakin feat. Grete Paia – Mis nüüd saab (Eng:What Now?)
- Ott Lepland – Aovalguses (Eng: In The Light)
- Stig Rästa – Interstellar
- ELYSA – Fire
- Elina Nechayeva – Remedy
On Saturday, 10 additional artists will compete for the last 5 spots in the final:
- Jyrise – Plaksuta (Eng: Claps) [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 2]
- Maian – Meeletu (Eng: Crazy) [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 1]
- Boamadu – Mitte kauaks (Eng: Not For Long) [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 1]
- Evelin Samuel – Waterfall [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 1]
- Black Velvet – Sandra [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 4]
- Púr Múdd & Shira – Golden Shore [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 4]
- Jaagup Tuisk – Kui Vaid (Eng: If Only) [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 1]
- Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany – What To Make Of This [Jury Qualifier, Quarter-Final 4]
- Stefan – Hope [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 3]
- Anna Sahlene – Champion [Public Qualifier, Quarter-Final 3]
Minimal Wind ft. Elisabeth Tiffany won’t perform live due to positive Covid test
The full playlist can be found on different digital platforms:
Official Site / Song Lyrics
Earlier this week, we had an interview with BESS who will compete in “UMK 2022“.
Yo can find it here
The host of “UMK 2022″ will be Paula Vesala and Miisa Rotola-Pukkila:
You can read our “UMK 2022” review here
Artists and songs from “Germany 12 points” will be revealed on Thursday, the 10th of February 2022.
On Saturday, the 5th of February 2022, we will meet the 10 competing in “Söngvakeppnin 2022” alongside their song. The revealing will be in TV show “Lögin í Söngvakeppninn” on RÚV.
Based on reliable sources, we can get the names out of the 10 that will take part in “Söngvakeppnin 2022“:
- Haffi Haff
- Hanna Mia & The Astrotourists
- Suncity & Sanna
- Markéta Irglová
- Stefán Óli
- Stefanía Svavarsdottir (particiated in Söngvakeppnin 2018, as part of a group)
One of the participants will compete with 2 different songs.
The song titles are:
- Gía / Volcano
- Séns með þér / Gemini
- Þaðan af / Then Again
- Mögulegt / Possible
- Tökum af stað / Turn This Around
- Ljósið / All I Know
- Hjartað mitt / Heart of Mine
- Með hækkandi sól
- Hækkum í botn / Keep It Cool
- Don’t You Know
The Irish selection was held on Friday, the 4th of February 2022.
6 artists competed in the national selection “Eurosong 2022“:
- Patrick O’Sullivan – “One Night, One Kiss, One Promise”
- Janet Grogan – “Ashes of Yesterday”
- Brendan Murray – “Real Love”
- Miles Graham – “Yeah, We’re Gonna Get Out It”
- Rachel Goode – “I’m Loving Me”
- Brooke – “That’s Rich”
Results were determinrd by 3 equal weight components: public vote, national jury and international jury.
Last Thursday, Israel has reduced the list of national selection from 8 to 4 songs.
The 4 songs are:
Michael Ben David – I.M
Eli Huli – Blinded Dreamers
Inbal Bibi – Marionette
Sapir Saban – Breaking My Own Walls
The 4 finalists will participate in the grand final of “X Factor Israel 2022” on Saturday night.
In the first round, each one of them will perform a cover. One of them will be eliminated.
The 3 remaining artists will give another live performace of their chosen song for Eurovision.
At the end of the day, Israel will choose an artist and a song for Eurovision 2022.
The results wil be determined by a combination of 50% public votes, 25% jury votes, and 25% professional committee.
This week has been the great wek of “Festival Di Sanremo 2022“.
The winner of the festival will be announced on Saturday late night.
The 25 acts are:
- Giusy Ferreri – Miele
- Highsnob & Hu – Abbi cura di te
- Fabrizio Moro – Sei tu
- AKA7even – Perfetta così
- Massimo Ranieri – Lettera di là dal mare
- Dargen D’Amico – Dove si balla
- Irama – Ovunque sarai
- Ditonellapiaga & Donatella Rettore – Chimica
- Michele Bravi –Inverno dei fiori
- Rkomi – Insuperabile
- Mahmood & Blanco – Brividi
- Gianni Morandi – Apri tutte le porte
- Tananai – Sesso occasionale
- Elisa – O forse sei tu
- La Rappresentante di Lista – Ciao ciao
- Iva Zanicchi – Voglio amarti
- Achille Lauro – Domenica
- Matteo Romano – Virale
- Ana Mena – Duecentomila ore
- Sangiovani – Farfalle
- Emma – Ogni Volta e Cosi
- Yuman – Ora e qui
- Le Vibrazioni – Tantissimo
- Giovanni Truppi – Tuo padre, mia madre, Lucia
- Noemi – Ti amo non lo so dire
The comined results of the first 3 nights are:
You can find the summary and results of each of the 3 first night here:
Night 1, Night 2, Night 3
YouTube Playlist can be found here
This Saturday, LTV will broadcast the semi-final of “Supernova 2022“.
- Citi Zēni – “Eat Your Salad”
- Miks Dukurs – “First Love”
- Linda Rušeniece – “Pay My Own Bills”
- Elina Gluzunova – “Es pabiju tur”
- RAUM – “Plans”
- Patriks Peterson – “Can’t Get You Outta My Head”
- Mēs Jūs Mīlam – “Rich Itch”
- KATŌ – “Promises”
- Miks Galvanovskis – “I’m Just a Sinner”
- Markus Riva – “If You’re Gonna Love Me”
- The Coco’nuts – “In And Out of the Dark”
- Aminata – “I’m Letting You Go”
- Bermudu Divstūris – “Bad”
- Beatrise Heislere – “On the Way Home”
- Zelma Jēgere – “How”
- Bujāns – “He, She, You & Me”
- Inspo – “A Happy Place”
The results will be determined by 50% public vote and 50% jury vote.
10 artists will qualify for the grand final that will be held on the 12th of February 2022
Here is the “Supernova 2022” stage:
The full playlist can be found on different digital platforms:
You’re invited to read Doron’s musical review here:
On Saturday, the 5th of February 2022, Lithuania will broadcast the second semi-final in “Pabandom iš naujo! 2022″.
9 artists will compete for 4 spots in the final. The results will be determined by 50% public vote and 50% national jury.
The participants are:
- Mary Mo – Get Up
- Vilija Matačiūnaitė – 101
- Urtė Šilagalytė – Running Chords
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė – I’ll be there
- Augustė Vedrickaitė – Before you’re 6 ft under
- Rūta Loop – Call Me From the Cold
- Titas ir Benas – Getting Through This
- Monika Liu – Sentimentai
- Moosu X – Love That Hurts
4 artists qualified for the final the previous week:
- Justė Kraujelytė – “How To Get My Life Back“
- Lolita Zero – “Not Your Mother“
- Gebrasy – “Into Your Arms“
- Queens of Roses – “Washing machine“
Last Saturday, TRM announced that Zdob și Zdub & Frații Advahov will represent Moldova at Eurovision 2022 with the song ”Trenulețul”
According to local media, the band will probably include one verse in English in the new version of the song.
Yesterday, the 4th of February 2022, North Macedonia held its national selection for Eurovision 2022 – “za Evrosong 2022“.
Andrea will represent the country with the song “Circles“
The full results are:
|Song||International Jury – Sum of rank||International Jury converted score||Public Votes||Public vote converted score||Final Score||Rank|
|Andrea Koevska – Circles||10||12||4300||8||20||1|
|Viktor Apostolovski – Superman||16||8||12621||12||20||2|
|Kaly – Love and Light||22||6||7539||10||16||3|
|Lara Ivanova – Flower of Sorrow||12||10||1186||5||15||4|
|Yon Idy – Dreams||21||7||3743||7||14||5|
|Ris Flower – Flying to Berlin||24||5||1367||6||11||6|
Andrea won on a tie break over Viktor
This Saturday, Norway will hold the 4th semi-final of “Melodi Grand Prix 2022“.
The duels for tonight are:
- Maria Mohn – “Fly” VS. Alexandra Joner – “Hasta la vista”
- Sofie Fellvjang – “Made of Glass” VS. Kim Wigaard – “La melodia”
Last Saturday, Oda qualified from semi-final 3 with the song “Hammer Of Thor“:
You can read Doron‘s written review for the 4th semi-final here:
Next week, one of the eliminated artists (from the 4 semi-finals) will get an opportunity to win a wild-card and qualify for the final.
The first round will be held this Monday, with only 4 artists out of 1 making it to the second round.
The second round will include 4 artists that will compete for 1 spot in the format of the “Melodi Grand Prix 2022” duels.
The playlist of “Melodi Grand Prix 2022” can be found here:
The national selection “Tu bije serce Europy!” will be held on the 19th of February 2022.
Let’s get a reminder to line-up and listen to the released songs:
- Ania Byrcyn – Dokąd
- Daria – Paranoia
- Emilia D ębbska (Mila) – All I Need
- Karolina Lizer – Clean Water
- Karolina Stanisławczyk & Chika Toro – Move
- Kuba Szmaikowski – Lovesick
- Lidia Kopania – Why Does It Hurt?
- Ochman – River
- Siostry Szlachta – Drogowskazy
- Unmute – Louder Than Decibels
Playlists can be found here:
This weekend, Romanian broadcaster TVR will broadcast the TV show “Drumul spre Torino“.
The show will consist of 3 episodes that will show behind the scenes of the selection.
You will be able to see the recorded versions of the 46 songs and the jury’s thoughts.
The show will be hosted by Ilinca, who represented Romania at Eurovision 2017, as part of a duo.
The show will be broadcast on the 5th, 6 th and 7th of February 2022.
All live performances are available here:
What’s next – Selecția Naționala 2022?
- The public will be able to vote for their favorites from the 9th of February 2022 to the 10th of February 2022.
- 20 acts will be advanced for the televised semi-final that will be held on the 12th of February 2022.
- 20 acts will be composed of 15 acts selected by the jury and 5 acts selected by the public.
- In the semi-finals, 20 artists will compete for 10 spots in the grand final. All of them will be chosen by the jury.
- The final will be held on the 5th of March 2022. The results will be determined by a public vote and jury vote.
The 9 established artists that will take part in ‘Una Voce Par San Marino 2022” will be revealed on the 8th of February 2022.
As of the date of “Pesma za Evroviziju 2022” getting closer, more songs have been released.
You can find all the released songs so far here:
This Saturday, the first semi-final of “EMA 2022” will be broadcast.
12 artists will compete in this semi-final, but only 6 of them will qualify for the final.
- July Jones – Girls Can Do Anything
- David Amaro – Še vedno si lepa (Eng: You are still beautiful)
- Bowrain & Brina – It’s TimeLe Serpentine – Tud teb se lahk zgodi (Eng: It can happen to you as well
- Bowrain & Brina – It’s Time
- LUMA – All In (“EMA Freš 2022” qualifier)
- Stela Sofia – Tu in zdaj (“EMA Freš 2022” qualifier)
- Jonatan Haller – Obzorje (Eng: Horizion)
- Batista Cadillac – Mim pravil (Eng: mim rules)
- Zala Smolnikar – V ogledalu (Eng: In the mirror)
- Manouche – Si same? (Are You Alone?)
3 artists will be chosen by the juty, while 3 other will be chosen by the public.
You can hear semi-final 1 snippets here:
Last week, Spain held “Benidorm Fest 2022“.
The winner was Chanel with the song “Slomo” and she will represent the country in Turin
However, it seems that the suggested voting system may be problematic.
Jury Vote (50%)
Public Vote (25%)
- Tanxugueiras – 70.75%
- Rigoberta – 18.08%
- Chanel – 3.97%
- Varry Brava – 2.26%
- Rayden – 2.12%
- Blanca Paloma – 1.04%
- Xeinn – 1.01%
- Gonzalo Hermida – 0.76%
Demoscpic Jury (25%)
- Tanxugueiras – 14.59%
- Chanel – 13.88%
- Rigoberta Bandini- -13.52%
- Gonzalo Hermida – 12.62%
- Rayden – 12.17%
- Varry Brava – 11.39%
- Blanca Paloma – 10.92%
- Xeinn – 10.92%
We can see that Tanxugueiras earned almost 4 times more votes than Rigoberata.
However, the “constant points” method gave them 30 points, while Rigoberata earned 25 points.
Chanel, who was crowned as the winner, got barely 4% of public votes.
This Saturday, SVT will broadcast “Melodifestivalen 2022” semi-final 1.
7 artists will compete tonight:
- Malou Pritz – “Bananas“ [Audio Snippet, Video Snippet]
- Theoz – “Som du vill” (Eng: As You Wish) [Audio Snippet, Video Snippet]
- Shirley Clamp – “Let There Be Angels“ [Audio Snippet , Video Snippet]
- Omar Rudberg – “Moving like that” [Audio Snippet, Video Snippet]
- Danne Stråhed – “Hallabaloo“ [Audio Snippet, Video Snippet]
- Cornelia Jakobs – “Hold Me Closer“ [Audio Snippet, Video Snippet]
- Robin Bengtsson – “Innocent Love“ [Audio Snippet, Video Snippet]
2 artists will directly qualify for the final.
2 other artists will wait for the second chance round.
The 3 remaining artists will be eliminated.
“Melodifestivalen 2022” full dates and locations are:
Semi-Final 1 – 5th of February 2022 – Avicii Arena, Stockholm
Semi-Final 2 – 12th of February 2022 – Avicii Arena, Stockholm
Semi-Final 3 – 19th of February 2022 – Avicii Arena, Stockholm
Semi-Final 4 – 26th of February 2022 – Friends Arena, Stockholm
Andra Chansen – 5th of March 2022 – Friends Arena, Stockholm
Final – 12th of March 2022 – Friends Arena, Stockholm
You’re invited to read about the new voting system for “Melodifestivalen 2022” here:
According to rumors, the singer Zian may represent Switzerland this year
Here is one of his songs:
Next week (on the 12th of February 2022) the Ukrainian selection “Vidbir 2022” will take place.
The line-up will be:
First Half (Songs 1-4)
Cloudless – All Be Alright
Michael Soul – Demons
Our Atlantic – Moia liubov (Моя любов)
Barleben – Hear My Words [snippet]
Second Half (Songs 5-8)
Alina Pash – Tini zabutykh predkiv (Тіні забутих предків)
Kalush Orchestra – Stefania [snippet]
Roxolana – Girlzzzz
Wellboy – Nozzy Bossy
The updated playlist can be found here: YouTube