The long season of “X-Factor Israel 2022” has finally come to an end on the 5th of February 2022.
4 artists qualified for the final.
The winner was the singer Michael Ben David with the upbeat dance club pop song “I.M“.
The song has received some criticism from Eurovision fans, especially in Israel.
The songwriters and composers are Chen Aharoni, Asi Tal, and Lidor Saa’dia
Israeli broadcaster KAN, as well as the team behind the song, has decided to take action.
Therefore, as in 2021, Israel will give us a revamped version of the Eurovision song.
The revamped version, alongside a video clip, will be presented to the public tomorrow at 11:00 CET.
Here is a link to the video (that will premiere at the mentioned time on the Eurovision Song Contest YouTube Channel)
What Can We Expect?
Here’s what we can reveal regarding the new version:
- For the first time, Israel relied on the help of a foreign (non-Israeli) producer.
- There will be no changes in the lyrics in the melody frame.
- There are 2 versions that have been prepared by the producers: One of them includes electric keyboards, the other relies on bagpipe and flute playing. We might get one of them tomorrow or even a combination of the two!
All the following remakes are regarding the revamped version that relies on the keyboards playing.
We suggest you read it carefully and don’t take it as absolute facts.
It is possible that this version was changed a bit before it was sent to the EBU.
- The majority of the introduction remained the same.
- One remarkable change is the addition of bass/low backing vocals that are edited with digital effects (like echo for example)
- The volume of the backing vocalists in the first verse (“I know I’m”) was slightly increased.
- Another main change is in the chorus. The dance beat was changed into a cyclic sampling of electro keyboards with oriental elements
- The oriental ethnic break that was in the original version, was kept.
- Personally, I’ve received some vibes of “Golden Boy” (Israel 2015)
Are you excited about the new version of the song?
What are your expectations of the song?
Israel will perform in the first half of semi-final 2 of Eurovision 2022 on the 12th of May 2022.
If Israel qualifies, the country will participate in the grand final on the 14th of May 2022
Follow all the latest Eurovision 2022 news on our homepage