Get your Nordic flags all out because tonight Norway is all set to select its representative for Eurovision 2023.
After three spectacular shows hosted by Arian Engebø and Stian Thorbjørnsen where not less than 21 new songs were presented to the viewers, the 9 finalists are now ready for the latest battle.
A battle that will end with one lucky winner who will recieve golden ticket to Liverpool and win the title “The Winner of Melodi Grand Prix 2023”
Tonight. Live from Trondheim Spektrum in Trondheim, they performed their songs in this running order:
- Jone – Ekke Inni Meg
- Eline Thorp – Not Meant to Be
- Skrellex – Love Again
- Ulrikke – Honestly
- Umami Tsunami – Geronimo
- Atle Pettersen – Masterpiece
- Swing’it – Prohibition
- Elsie Bay – Love You In A Dream
- Alessandra Mele – Queen of Kings
50 members from 10 different countries voted tonight.
They voted as follows:
The public gave:
- Alessandra Mele – Queen of Kings (129 points)
- Ulrikke – Honestly (78 points)
- Swing’it – Prohibition (43 points)
- Skrellex – Love Again (40 points)
- Elsie Bay – Love You In A Dream (34 points)
- Jone – Ekke Inni Meg (30 points)
- Umami Tsunami – Geronimo (30 points)
- Atle Pettersen – Masterpiece (28 points)
- Eline Thorp – Not Meant to Be (18 points)
Alessandra Mele won both the public vote and the jury vote!
Therefore, Alessandra Mele will represent Norway at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Queen of Kings“
Last year in Turin, Subwoolfer represented Norway with “Give That Wolf A Banana” and finished in the 10th spot of the final collection a total of 182 points.
Norway will compete in the first half of semi-final 1 at Eurovision 2023.
Don’t forget to visit our full guide to Eurovision 2023: Eurovision 2023 homepage