Shortly after Eurovision 2023, Cyprus confirmed participation at Eurovision 2024.
A year ago, in May 2022, Cyprus planned to hold a national selection for Eurovision 2023, based on the British format “All Together Now“.
However, things didn’t turn out to hold the national selection, and Cyprus has internally chosen Andrew Lambrou.
According to Showbiz, the Cyprus Times, we learned some new details about the planned national selection for Eurovision 2024:
- Earlier this yeat, CyBC singed a 2 years agreement with the Greek Panik Records label.
- On the 16th of May, at the Alpha Greece show, it was revealed that a suitable agreement has already been signed.
- Part of the agreement between CyBC and Panik Records, includes giving the production responsibility to “Barking Well Media“.
- The competitive show will probably be “Fame Story”, a multi-week reality music show.
- At this point, it seems the format is intended to select an artist, not a song.
The last time Cyprus chose a song and an artist via national selection was in 2015.
Back then, John Karayiannis won the national selection.
He ended up in 22nd place with 11 points:
Andrew Lambrou represented Cyprus with the song “Break a Broken Heart”.
He finished in 12th place in the final, with a total of 126 points:
Are you excited about the national selection for Eurovision 2024?
Will it be a smart decision for Cyprus?