Finnish broadcaster YLE opened the submission window for the national selection “UMK 2024“.
This year as well the submission window is quite short.
Here is anything you need to know:
- The submission window opened today (21st of August 2023) and will close on Thursday (24th of August 2023).
- “UMK 2024″ will be held during February 2024. The selection will probably include one show only.
- Each performer can submit up to 3 different songs. However, each performer will be able to compete with one entry only.
- Lyricists, composers and producers can be involved in several songs.
- If a song selected to the competition, the final version must be ready by 20th of October 2023.
- An expert panel appointed by YLE will select the competition contestants
- The results will be determined by a combination of pubic vote and expert (international) jury.
- At least one songwriter and one lead singer must have Finnish citizenship or a permanent residence in Finland.
- The song can be performed in any language.
- Maximal song duration is 3 minutes,
- Participants must be at least 16 years old by 1st of May 2024.
- All televised performances will be singback with instrumental backgrounds.
- Submissions will be made online via yle.fi/umk
Käärijä represented Finland at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Cha Cha Cha“.
He ended up 2nd with a total of 526 points.
However, he managed to win the public vote with a total of 376 points.
So far, the list of countries that confirmed participation at Eurovision 2024 includes: Sweden, Norway, Finland, Israel, Moldova, Estonia, Austria, Cyprus, Denmark, Spain, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Malta, Serbia, Switzerland, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Ukraine, Portugal, San Marino, and Belgium.
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-finals will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024