On the 5th of June 2023, we have reported that Israel will choose an artist for Eurovision 2024, via the musical reality show “Hakohav Haba La’Eurovision 2024” (“The Rising Star for Eurovision 2024″).
Israeli commercial broadcaster Keshet 12 will produce the show.
While responsible for creating the Eurovision act (and probably the choice of the song) will be the Israeli broadcaster KAN.
Based on the reports in the local media and those made by Keshet 12, we can learn the the search for potential candidates is in progress.
Recorded auditions will be held starting September 2023.
Preliminary Auditions – Full Details
- Another session of auditions will be held on Sunday, 10th of September 2023.
- The auditions will be open for everyone interested who will be at least 16 years old in April 2024.
- The auditions will take place in Expo Tel-Aviv pavilion 2, the place where Eurovision 2019 took place.
- Each performer will be requested to come prepare with acapella version of 2 songs. The performers might accompany themselves with playing.
- Those who will pass the auditions, will be invited to perform in front of the jury in the televised show.
- The show will probably air in November 2023.
The hosts of the show, as for every year since 2014, will be Assi Azar (who cohosted Eurovision 2019) and Rotem Sela.
The line-up of the jury panel has been refreshed a bit.
The former judges who will continue to act this year as well are: Shiri Maymon (Israel, Eurovision 2005), Keren Peles, Itay Levi, Assaf Amdursky, and Ran Danker .
Former judge Ninet Tayeb will be replaced by popular singer Eden Hasson.
Israel has selected an artist for Eurovision via the music reality show “Hakohav Haba” during the years 2015-2020.
Among the chosen artists, we can find:
- Nadav Guedj (Eurovision 2015) – 9th place in the final
- Hovi Star (Eurovision 2016) – 14th place in the final
- Imri Ziv (Eurovision 2017) – 23rd place in the final
- Netta Barzilai (Eurovision 2018) – winner
- Kobi Marimi (Eurovision 2019) – 23rd place in the final
- Eden Alene (selected in 2020, and therefore was internally selected for Eurovision 2021) – 17th place in the final (2021)
Regarding the selection of the song, we will still have to wait.
In most of the cases, Israel opened a submission window for song shortly after the grand final of “Hakohav Haba“.
The only different case was in 2016, where the list of songs became known just before the final.
Will “Hakohav Haba” be the right formula for Israel at Eurovision 2024?
Will the country qualify for the grand final?
Noa Kirel represented Israel at Eurovision 2023 with the song “Unicorn“.
She ended in the 3rd place in the final and brought Israel one of its best achievements
Who would you like to see representing Israel at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-final will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024
So far, the following countries have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
Sweden, Norway, Finland, Israel, Moldova, Estonia, Austria, Cyprus, Denmark, Spain, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Malta, Serbia, Switzerland, the UK, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Ukraine, Portugal, San Marino, Belgium, and Albania.