On the 15th of June 2023, Ireland opened the submission window for Eurovision 2024 selection process.
Back then, the deadline to submit entries was Friday, the 29th of Septmber 2023.
Currently, it has been revealed that the country will extend the deadline until the 20th of October 2023.
Irish Selection for Eurovision 2024
- Accomplished songwriters with a proven track record of success in the music industry are welcome to submit a song
- Entries will be considered by a panel of music and entertainment industry professionals and Eurovision fans selected by RTÉ.
- Performers may be invited to audition in the RTÉ studios in Dublin.
- Each songwriter may only submit one song (including co-writers) for consideration.
- The submitted songs must not be submitted for consideration to any other country participating in Eurovision Song Contest 2024.
- The maximum song duration is 3 minutes.
- One of the main criteria will be the act’s appeal to core youth audiences.
- Submissions can be made online here
The exact format hasn’t been determined yet.
In 2022 and 2023, RTÉ organized a national selection “Irish Eurosog“, as part of the “Late Late Night”. 6 artists took part in each edition, with the results being determined by a public vote and an expert jury.
Wild Youth represented Ireland at Eurovision 2023 with the song “We Are One“.
They ended up in 12th place in semi-final 1, and therefore didn’t qualify for the final:
Ireland has struggled to qualify for the final in recent years.
The country didn’t qualify for the final from 2014 to 2017 and from 2019 to 2023.
Will they step into a better path for Eurovision 2024?
Will RTÉ come with a brand new format for the national selection?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-final will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11h of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official