On the 18th of October, Maltese broadcaster TVM revealed the list of 36 semi-finalists who will participate in “MESC 2024“.
The second show of “MESC 2024” will be held on Friday, the 3rd of November 2023, as part of the “XOW” show on TVM 2. The show will air at 21:00 CEST
9 acts will perform their songs live for the first time:
- Marie Claire – Fading
- Franklin Calleja – Puppet
- Desirei Grech – Watch Me
- Sopranique – Empire
- J.anvil – Man
- Haley Azzopardi – Tell Me That It’s Over
- Denise Mercieca – Mara
- Mark Portelli – Just Be
- Maria Christina – Moving On
How To Watch? Live Stream TVM 2 – Link
Last week, first 9 acts took the stage:
- Kurt Calleja – Misunderstood
- Sarah Bonnici – Loop
- Gail Attard – Wild Card
- Mark Anthony Bartolo – Condition or Friction
- Eliana Gomez Blanco – There’s Only Flowers
- Oxygyn – Cloudmaker
- Nathan – Ghost
- Lyndsay Pace – Fire Proof
- Dominic Cini – Bewsa
The remaining 18 acts will be performed in the upcoming weeks:
- Ryan Hili – Karma
- Michela Galea – Let’s Talk About Love
- Martina Cutajar – Miles Away
- Stefan Galea – Numb
- Erba’ – Sirena
- Jessica Micallef – Tagħna Tnejn
- Greta Tude – Topic (Bla Bla)
- Miriana Conte – Venom
- Kyle George – Arrows
- Matt Blxck – Banana
- Dan – Baraxx
- Christian Arding – Bellus
- Miguel Bonello – Better Off Alone
- Thea Aquilina – Bloodstream
- Karin Duff – Breaking Bad
- Lisa Gauci – Breathe
- Moira Stafrace – Feather Flight
- Cosette Baldacchino – Free Fall
“MESC 2024” – Maltese Selection For Eurovision 2024
The country announced a national selection with the following details:
- The selection will include several phases:
- Selection phases – done
- 4 Semi-finals
- The artists who will be shortlisted for the semi-finals will be drawn to several batches.
- The semi-finals will start on Friday, the 27th of October 2023 and will end on 17th of November 2023.
- The semi-finals qualifiers will be announced on the the 24th of November 2023. A total of 12 artists will qualify for the final.
- The results of the semi-finals and the final will be determined by a combination of jury vote and public vote.
- During the semi-finals, the performances will be aired live.
- The semi-finals qualifiers will get $5,000 for an official video clip.
- The final will be held in January 2024.
- Before the final, each of the 12 qualifiers will have an hour to record 3 sessions of live on tape performances of their songs.
- In the final, the artists won’t perform live, but will use the line on tape versions, as well as broadcasting of the video clips.
- Final sound mixing will be operated by PBS to ensure uniform levels and quality of sound.
- At the end of the show, 5 awards will be given:
- Top 3 Places
- Best Newcomer
- Best Video Clip
The Busker won “MESC 2023″ and therefore was set to represent Malta at Eurovision 2023.
They performed “Dance (Our Own Party)”.
However, they failed to qualify for the final, earning only 3 points.
Who would you like to see representing Malta at Eurovision 2024?
Eurovision 2024 will be held in Malmö, Sweden.
The semi-final will be held on the 7th and 9th of May 2024, and the grand final will be held on the 11th of May 2024
So far, the list of countries that have confirmed participation in Eurovision 2024:
- The Netherlands
- The UK
- San Marino
- North Macedonia – not official